Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im old and fat and love the comfort and reliability of my 09 SRT8 Challenger. Twenty years and 75 pounds ago, the 70 Challenger was my "Getaway" vehicle. Now I want the best of both worlds.
*My project is a 70 Resto Mod. Cruiser. Not a drag setup but a street car that can run with the current RTs.
*My hope is to purchase a Gen 3 Challenger or Charger or maybe even a 300 and use almost everything (other than the body, glass and parts of the frame) to upgrade the 70 to the comfort, power, and performance of the 09. This is a quick list of the parts I would like to use from the Gen 3 donor. Front and rear suspension, engine and transmission, computer, gauges, center console, front seats, and maybe even carpet and headliner material.
*I do not have a donor yet. I want a 6.1 but the 5.7s are looking more and more interesting due to price, availability, and aftermarket support.
*I dont want to buy and aftermarket front or rear suspension if I dont have to.

Q: How close are the dimensions of the front suspension system from the Gen 3 Chargers and Challengers to the front suspension system of the 1st Gen Challenger?

*I dont want to buy and aftermarket front or rear suspension if I dont have to.

Thank you for any comments and suggestions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts