Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading thru the forum and I am not certain which lowering springs would be best for my situation.

I want to lower the ride height and keep the 09 challenger srt8 level and not raked if at all possible. I also want to maintain the best ride quality (this is my highest priority)

I thought I would like the Mopar performance stage 1 springs, but most all the ads I read say it does not fit 09 SRT8 models? They are meant for 6 cyl and R/T model applications?

I have seen other springs from Eibach and H&R but was not sure how they compared as far as ride quality with MP stage 1 springs. Are there any other lowering springs that I should consider for ride quality, level stance? I prefer not to get into a suspension system etc. I want to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks in Advance, Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey mike nice ride. well i have the eibach .8 inch lowering spring all around and the sway bars. Looks great. Handles great with almost no body lean even on the tightest turn. But rides very stiff. Almost to stiff. At least for the wife:) good thing the seats are comfortable. hope that is some help for you.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hey mike nice ride. well i have the eibach .8 inch lowering spring all around and the sway bars. Looks great. Handles great with almost no body lean even on the tightest turn. But rides very stiff. Almost to stiff. At least for the wife:) good thing the seats are comfortable. hope that is some help for you.
The Eibach Pro-Plus Kit is what I am looking at getting. Advertised at .8" drop it sounds like you got the same thing. The stiffness sounds like bad news for me as my car is a DD and the whole family often piles in for a long road trip.

Does anyone know if I get the Eibach Pro-System-Plus, that adds the shocks in addition to springs and sway bars, will the Eibach shocks make the ride more comfortable? I'm thinking that since the Eibach shocks might be better tuned/valved for their springs vs using the OEM Bilsteins.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have the Mopar Stage 1 springs on my 09 SRT8. I would call these a "subtle" drop, so far about a half inch at each corner. The rear still appears slightly higher than the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts