1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
That is a smoking deal!! It has a KB on it with a 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Humm, I smell a rat in that ad! Bet if you call'em its already "sold" but I got this other car over here !

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha could be...yeah its a twiin screw KB 6speed manual...i was considering it but im a lil skeptical of the price...plus its missing the front passenger blinker cover and a wire hangin from under the dash...id be worried about what kinda demons would come out if i did purhcase it...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i called, the car was wrecked and has been completely repaired, the owner was using it as a weekend driver but he doesnt want to any longer because its making so much power...Fastlane performance from houston Tx did all the work, over $12k...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think that have had that for at least a couple months, i noticed some of those issues from the pictures as well and wondered if it had a bit of damage in its past life.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, i talked to the salesman...the car was wrecked, the owner of the dealership bought it and fixed it and was gonna use it as a weekend ride but claims it is too strong for his taste. Fastlane performance out of Houston Tx did all the work on the car and can back it up. It has a salvage rebuild title, and the guy said they have $29,400 in it, they've had it 90 days and may be willing to take a slight loss on it to get it gone...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I called on that car five months ago, and got the story you did, Mythic. Except that the've had it much longer than 90 days. They were originally asking $31,XXX, back when I called on it. I knew something was wrong when I could see the passenger side marker light missing in one of the pics. Who advertises like that? Plus, there were some wires hanging out under the dash, in another pic. Plus, you'll notice that the hood still has it's factory stripes, but they're missing from the nose.
If I didn't have my car, I'd buy it. I'd have a shop go over it completely, to make sure everything was done right (damage repairs), and enjoy it. You're definitely not buying this car if you ever want your money out of it in the future. not with that rebuilt title...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called on that car five months ago, and got the story you did, Mythic. Except that the've had it much longer than 90 days. They were originally asking $31,XXX, back when I called on it. I knew something was wrong when I could see the passenger side marker light missing in one of the pics. Who advertises like that? Plus, there were some wires hanging out under the dash, in another pic. Plus, you'll notice that the hood still has it's factory stripes, but they're missing from the nose.
If I didn't have my car, I'd buy it. I'd have a shop go over it completely, to make sure everything was done right (damage repairs), and enjoy it. You're definitely not buying this car if you ever want your money out of it in the future. not with that rebuilt title...
Very true, the rebuilt title has already reaped the value of this car, and ive heard alot of not so good things about fastlanes work, kinda along the lines of hennessey (all the viper clud guys HATE)...My R/T Challenger should arrive today, ill be happy with that until an SRT8 pops up like i want.

Could still be a good deal for someone though looking to make a straight race car though :redcap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts