Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked and answered before but I didn't see it while searching.

Why does Pennzoil only sell the Euro spec 0w40 by the gallon and not the stuff we need? Is that part of the Mopar deal?
Even Amsoil does not it by the gallon.

I am just trying to plan ahead for my 6 month (first) change.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Who knows, I picked up about 50 qts from autozone 2 yrs ago on clearance for 2$ a qt.

My guess, there are no major stores carrying it, stuck going to dealer or amazon.

If I am stuck paying the 7 or 8 $ a qt, will switch to Amsoil when I run out, have a preferred account and shipped to your door.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Not sure why you want gallon jugs of the oil. Makes changing the oil harder. The engine takes 6 or 7 quarts so you dump in a gallon, 4 quarts, then ou have to measure out 2 or 3 quarts from a second gallon jug. Then you have a gallon jug sitting around with just 2 or even 1 quart of oil next time.

With individual quart bottles you just tip 6 or 7 and done.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Who knows, I picked up about 50 qts from autozone 2 yrs ago on clearance for 2$ a qt. I am stuck paying the 7 or 8 $ a qt, will switch to Amsoil when I run out, have a preferred account and shipped to your door.

Another option is to buy Mobil 1 0-40W. You can usually get a great price at Walmart. Also, there are sometimes manufacturer rebates.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Another option is to buy Mobil 1 0-40W. You can usually get a great price at Walmart. Also, there are sometimes manufacturer rebates.

I am well aware of that :)

To be truthful I have gobs of oil I have picked up for a song. The wife has a 5.7 in 15 Overland, I have 3 PT GT Turbos, 1 plain PT, a 4.7 in an 02 WJ and a 5.9 in 00 Durango. So plenty of mouths to feed.

I stocked up on Advance Auto and Autozone clearances for like 3 yrs in a row, cleaned out the local stores. I think 2 yrs ago a put in for 24 qts of Pennzoil synthetic, so after rebate the oil was free :)
Ditto on some Mobil 1 EP. Plus I had some Amsoil in my stock.
Some pics from a few yrs back. I have to hold back on buying oil LOL, tough to resist when they practically give it away.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
698 Posts
$6.22 for Pennzoil at Amazon...As an add on of over $25.00 other purchase...Prime...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts