Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
What a great license plate on there WUZAPOS. In New Jersey some whacko would complain to the DMV and they’d recall the plate.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,235 Posts
While I guess I can admire the ability and effort that was put into this project to make it work, I can't help but think that there were so many other car bodies they could have gone with that would have made this a much better package.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,704 Posts
While I guess I can admire the ability and effort that was put into this project to make it work, I can't help but think that there were so many other car bodies they could have gone with that would have made this a much better package.
While that might be true, the idea of SEMA is to have something that no one else has done. This Definitely fits the bill!

I get a chuckle on those Battle of the Builders SEMA shows where a 69 Camaro or something like that wins because even with innovations, it's still been done so many times. This is the first Big powered Priass that I've seen. If not for the wrap on it (and probably the sound when it's running), you'd be hard pressed to know what's lurking underneath.

If it were mine, I'd put some fender skirts over the rear tires (sides) like the Honda Insight has. It would hide the size of the tire on it and really push the hybrid look.

I want to see a video of a big, smoky, burn the tire until it's on the wheel burnout or a smoking burnout from a 50 mph roll would be Crazy Cool too!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had to LOL @ "Fixed in America"!

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
I suppose its the juxtaposition of the Prius (representing the most popular hybrid) combined with a Hellcat engine, which is at the other end of the spectrum installed in one of these. It certainly wasn't what you'd expect.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blasphemy! Prius drivers are the bane of my existence (especially in Atlanta traffic).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't laugh too loud. A hybrid powertrain is in the works that will beat up Hellcats all day long..... probably end up in a Prius one day as a stock offering. Granted, this is about 8 years away, but if you bought a Hellcat to preserve like a 70's Hemi car from days gone by, I guess for nostalgia sake and styling, that will be OK. But, for powertrain, it will soon be a dinosaur.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Don't laugh too loud. A hybrid powertrain is in the works that will beat up Hellcats all day long..... probably end up in a Prius one day as a stock offering. Granted, this is about 8 years away, but if you bought a Hellcat to preserve like a 70's Hemi car from days gone by, I guess for nostalgia sake and styling, that will be OK. But, for powertrain, it will soon be a dinosaur.
The McLaren P1(Hybrid ) already puts out 900hp, 1/4 in 9.7.They only weigh 3300#.

If it was configured for drag racing it would destroy the Demon.Hellcats are just an after thought.

They only cost over 12 times as much as the Demon.

The future is already here.Its just expensive.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,911 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Maybe FCA is copying the current Ferrari technology. Anyway, You will have an electric motivator to get momentum started, and then the gas engine will kick in for that afterburner effect. Cost reduction and miniaturization will give rise to this technology in the near future. It is already in the skunk works. Your family minivan will one day eat Hellcats for breakfast. Just think. With the advent of autonomous driving, you might just be sitting in the driver's seat reading the paper (or putting on makeup) when it does too.

Can you imagine driving in your beast only to get your doors blown off by a hybrid autonomous minivan barely making a sound while a silly blonde is in the driver's seat putting on lipstick with her child in a baby seat next to her? Oh, the shame...... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts