Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to buy a set of long tubes for my 2013 Challenger. The only mods done to the car are CAI, Barton shifter, 180 degree thermo, Diablo can tune on 93 and Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs. I plan on swapping the intake to a 392 intake soon, not sure which diameter primary headers I might need. ( later down the road I plan on a custom grind cam)

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
1-3/4"

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
573 Posts
1 7/8", won't hurt power at all and will help when you get a cam down the road as well as anything else you may add

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
573 Posts
I should add I ran 1 ⅞ on my car for a year with same setup you have now and it ran great, picked up power thru the whole curve, just make sure you get a custom tune for the headers. The fact the heads flow so well is what makes the bigger header a good choice. And I'm glad I did cuz a year later I have a cam and supercharger so I definitely need the 1 7/8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should add I ran 1 ⅞ on my car for a year with same setup you have now and it ran great, picked up power thru the whole curve, just make sure you get a custom tune for the headers. The fact the heads flow so well is what makes the bigger header a good choice. And I'm glad I did cuz a year later I have a cam and supercharger so I definitely need the 1 7/8
Yeah I know I’ll need to get a tune for the headers, ad to who I’m going to use for the tune I’m unsure as OST the one company I want to go through uses H.P. tuners. I might go with a hemi fever tune

This just helps me in justifying a trip up to Stainless Works to get a set of their headers 😁

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
573 Posts
This just helps me in justifying a trip up to Stainless Works to get a set of their headers 😁
Stainless works are good. Any of the hemi tuners you always hear about will be good, as long as the logger is also good. I personally went with Diablotoona but hemifever is good as well.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Yeah I know I’ll need to get a tune for the headers, ad to who I’m going to use for the tune I’m unsure as OST the one company I want to go through uses H.P. tuners. I might go with a hemi fever tune

I went with OST and could not be happier. They use Kooks, I am happy with them. I also got their Rumbler cam. It is awesome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to go with their Big Daddy cam 😁 I just know they have yet to install one on a 5.7, but I’d really want chop and performance with what I’ll be paying them

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I want to go with their Big Daddy cam 😁 I just know they have yet to install one on a 5.7, but I’d really want chop and performance with what I’ll be paying them
I got the quote for that, after everything required was over 11k and if there are clearance issues will go with a Rumbler cam anyway.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
573 Posts
I got the quote for that, after everything required was over 11k and if there are clearance issues will go with a Rumbler cam anyway.
11k for a cam!? :eek: Does it need over bore and valve reliefs from high lift to work of something? That's crazy

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
l
11k for a cam!? :eek: Does it need over bore and valve reliefs from high lift to work of something? That's crazy
You have the custom ground cam, kooks headers, catted mid pipes, torque converter, 180 degree t-stat, Labor, Tuning and all the things required for tuning. Well worth it in my book.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I have between 8 and 9k in my Rumbler install and I cheaped out and did not get the converter. Well get it the first time. I am waiting for the quote to get the Converter and electric cutouts done but that will not happen until next spring.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
573 Posts
I have between 8 and 9k in my Rumbler install and I cheaped out and did not get the converter. Well get it the first time. I am waiting for the quote to get the Converter and electric cutouts done but that will not happen until next spring.
Hmm I guess when you add in little things I already had like a programmer and stuff it adds up. Are they the green cats or regular high flow? Cuz I know those green cats are expensive but worth it from what I hear

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Hmm I guess when you add in little things I already had like a programmer and stuff it adds up. Are they the green cats or regular high flow? Cuz I know those green cats are expensive but worth it from what I hear
Regular high flow

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
505 Posts
Yeah even with the other stuff, no thanks.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,356 Posts
On a NA engine I would not go above 1 7/8". I have 2" primaries (probably still overkill as 1 7/8" would be plenty) but running SC, 6.2 cam and 3 inch exhaust. Just my $0.02.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts