Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First trip down the strip tonight ran 12.446 @ 111.64. Now time for some modifications not that there is much available as we all know. Getting rid of the torque management would definitely help as the car pulls so much timing between shifts, I ran the car in auto stick mode and got the best time however leaving the car in drive it slowed down to 12.8 at 110. Short times were 1.89 in auto stick and 1.91 in drive.

I would guess that with a good tune and no torque management there are 12.20s to 12.10s in the future.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great times!
Did you leave the auto-stick in 1st gear and let it shift automatically at redline or shift it yourself?

If you shifted the auto-stick, at what RPM?

It seems more consistent and smooth (to me, sotpf ) too let the auto-stick shift itself from first.

If I leave it in Drive, it really dogs it and feels laggy...

Thanks
King

PS
Is the on-board computer accurate on 1/4 mile times??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great times!
Did you leave the auto-stick in 1st gear and let it shift automatically at redline or shift it yourself?

If you shifted the auto-stick, at what RPM?

It seems more consistent and smooth (to me, sotpf ) too let the auto-stick shift itself from first.

If I leave it in Drive, it really dogs it and feels laggy...

Thanks
King

PS
Is the on-board computer accurate on 1/4 mile times??
It shifts much more firm on its own with the auto stick just left in first.

As far at the on board computer I tried it on the street and it ran 12.62 at 115, being that roads arent completely flat I cant say how far off that number is mph seemed very high but ET is pretty close to what I got at the track.

I forgot to try it at the track to compare it for accuracy.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
It shifts much more firm on its own with the auto stick just left in first.

As far at the on board computer I tried it on the street and it ran 12.62 at 115, being that roads arent completely flat I cant say how far off that number is mph seemed very high but ET is pretty close to what I got at the track.

I forgot to try it at the track to compare it for accuracy.
The timer on the car probably wont match up with the track for a couple reasons.

1) the track uses a 12" roll-out, the car starts counting as soon as the speed sensor senses speed....so ET should be slower.

2) the track uses a speed trap for speed....this is measured over the last 66 feet, and is an "average speed across this distance....where the car timer will use terminal speed, or the speed the car reads when it senses a 1/4 mile has been reached.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Sweeeeet!! Let the 392's come out to the track finally. You are close to my 12.3 @ 113. It seems that the 392 is running better than some people thought it would.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hehehe...yes they are !!! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Holy ****, 12.3 and 12.4 from different owners, at different tracks, at different times, pretty good idea of what these cars can do. I am impressed, thoroughly impressed. :):thumbsup::browsmiley::pimp:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
can someone explain auto stick mode? Are you saying to put it in 1st and go and the tranny will NOT wind out and shift by itself? Or do you manually shift it like the old slap shift autos.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Sweeeeet!! Let the 392's come out to the track finally. You are close to my 12.3 @ 113. It seems that the 392 is running better than some people thought it would.
I remember Ralph Gillis saying (can't remember the whole quote) that 392 owners would be pleased at the performance of the cars. So unless you're hung up on the peak horsepower figures, you should be pleased with these car's performance.

12.3s and 12.4s, are you kidding me?!!!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can someone explain auto stick mode? Are you saying to put it in 1st and go and the tranny will NOT wind out and shift by itself? Or do you manually shift it like the old slap shift autos.
Just put it in first and step on it the car does the rest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats, those are great times coming from the big boats. Right were an auto 392 should be running given the conditions and driver experiance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats, those are great times coming from the big boats. Right were an auto 392 should be running given the conditions and driver experiance.
Yeah big boat is right with me in the car and less than half a tank of fuel it weighed in at 4375 and I was 215 of that. The car is such a pig but it moves pretty damn good for what it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts