Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I wasn't able to find much on it. I'm just wondering if it is realistic to believe I can get into the 12's with my current mods on my 6 speed R/T classic. So far I have an aFe CAI, Solo Catback, and a Diablosport 91 octane canned tune with 180 degree t-stat. I've seen others running close if not hitting high to mid 12's, problem is I'm in Billings MT, the elevation is right around 3100 ft above sea level... Is it even realistic or will I be looking at more of a low to mid 13?

Of course I can't take it anytime soon since there is 2 feet of fresh snow on the ground, just wondering what I can expect. And I know this is a tough question to answer, but any input would be appreciated. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking... the elevation sucks the life right out cars up here, it would probably feel like a totally different car at even close to sea level.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
What tires will you be on?

I think you will be doing well just to get into the 13s...

FYI there are not a lot of 6-speed R/Ts in street trim even in the low 13s on fast tracks, let alone high 12s.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a set of Nitto NT555's that will be going on, I won't be spending a ton of time at the track, more so just a way to gauge any gains from modifications I do in the future so it will always be on street tires.

I think I will have to lower my expectations being up this high though, my main goal has been to get somewhere around a high 12 second time, and I plan on throwing on a set of shorty headers this summer, but it sounds like it will be a struggle even then to get close with what is already done...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys, gotta make the best of what I can get given the circumstances...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts