Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought a new 2017 that had been sitting at Seaside Dodge. It stickered at $47,555 and they had it knocked down to $32,555. It was too good to pass up. I just got this response back from Chrysler:

Thank you for contacting FCA US LLC.

VIN: 2C3CDZBT4HH633853

According to our records, there was 1 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker unit built in TorRed Clear Coat paint and equipped with Black Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seats, Technology Group, Driver Convenience Group, Harman Kardon Audio Group with Subwoofer, Super Track Pak, Shaker Package, High Performance Brakes, 6-Speed Manual Tremec Transmission, 5.7L V8 HEMI VVT Engine, Power Sunroof, Stripe Delete, Uconnect 4C Navigation Radio with 8.4 Display, and 20x9.0 Forged/Painted Aluminum Wheels for the 2017 model year.

Sincerely,
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Makes you wonder how a nicely equipped and very attractive car can go unsold for two model years? Congratulations and enjoy it safely.
Get the feeling the it was originally marked up to where nobody wanted to buy it. But who knows.

Nice job and a helluva a deal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Get the feeling the it was originally marked up to where nobody wanted to buy it. But who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Seems like a pretty high sticker price for an RT!!! Perhaps that's why it didn't sell. I've never seen an RT priced that high - that's the cost of a Scatpack!

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my experience dealers have issues selling cars with multiple or premium options selected by the first owner. The options are never worth sticker price to a prospective buyer who assumes the car has depreciated already and doesn't want to pay sticker price for options in a used car. The dealer wants to price it with all the options as if the next buyer is paying for them all new, and arrives at an outrageous asking price for a used car. Granted most people don't even pay sticker price when buying the car new! So the car sits until someone who wanted all those features buys the car or the dealer slashes the price. I've seen this before in a Ford Taurus, someone paid $8k for some premium sound and "technology comfort feature" package so an otherwise $20k car was offered at $28k and sat for months. The dealer offered to slash the price to $20k for me. Too bad for them I got bit by the Challenger bug.

Awesome looking car, it ends up being an incredible deal for you of course!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Here's the window sticker.
Well now it makes more sense! There's just about every option in the book in it! Nice. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can only do an manual in my sports cars - just too much fun that way!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beautiful car and excellent price. I also got $15k off on my 2016 SPS when the 18's were about to come out. If you don't plan on selling or trading for a least a couple of years, the fact that it is two model years old is no problem. You got a brand new car for a smoking deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
lucky!!

what a great deal...

I see no negatives at that price, don't listen to the negative posts...seriously

don't let jealousy ruin it for you

gotta love our Challengers...

go USA

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I will say it's a disappointment the SXT isn't offered with a manual. It was one of the reasons I almost went with the Camaro...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts