Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many other low number R/T's are out there? It took me 5-6 years to finally pull the trigger, when I purchased my Challenger. During 2012 they didn't have the Scat Pack options available through the dealerships, so I order one with my specs. I wanted to order a "throw back" to the old days when you could walk into a Dodge / Plymouth dealership and order any combinations, regardless of colors and engine choices. Now that I'm slightly older and could afford to purchase a new vehicle, it was my turn to build it my way. Now please remember, if it wasn't for kids in college, grandchildren and retirement around the corner, I'd spend the "extra" money and find a Hellcat or slightly used Demon, but that's a story for another day. Back to my car, it's a 2012 R/T Classic Pitch Black w/Red Classic R/T stripes and of course I've added a few "classic" touches that Dodge should make standard, like 345 Hemi hood emblems & engine half covers, R/T & Hurst emblems on the rear spoiler and of course the original Scat Pack decal on rear side windows. Let's not forget the Hurst short throw shifter, w/pistol grip handle, skip shift eliminator and rear lights sequential turn signal kit. The best part is when Dodge sent me this verification letter (see below) to validate what I stated, is in fact true. Growing up in the 70's and seeing all the true muscle cars of that era was awesome...I can't tell you how many times I'd be waiting at the bus stop and see these high impact color cars cruise by, wishing for the day I could have one...well I did and it's what I could afford and built just for me.

March 25, 2015

Dear Matthew:

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

According to our records, there were 11 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
units built in Black Clear Coat paint and equipped with a 6-Speed Manual
TREMEC Transmission, Mopar Interior Appearance Group, Super Track Pak,
Dual Red R/T Side Stripes and 20X8.0 Aluminum Wheels for the 2012 model
year.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Tony

Customer Service Representative
FCA US Customer Assistance Center
REFERENCE NUMBER: 26665430
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 3123657

Attachments

·
Registered
8,998 Posts
Color, model/trim package, tranny, and the other options, make up the "×" of "×××" number.

It's cool to know, but meaningless when it comes to value, or really being consideted rare.

Just a fun thing to know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I contacted FCA just to get all the info on my 2012 R/T classic, they stated in the e-mail it was 1 of 3.
As stated it's cool but that's about it.
Although I don't see any other Blackberry pearl challenger's it's rare to me. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
How many other low number R/T's are out there? It took me 5-6 years to finally pull the trigger, when I purchased my Challenger. During 2012 they didn't have the Scat Pack options available through the dealerships, so I order one with my specs. I wanted to order a "throw back" to the old days when you could walk into a Dodge / Plymouth dealership and order any combinations, regardless of colors and engine choices. Now that I'm slightly older and could afford to purchase a new vehicle, it was my turn to build it my way. Now please remember, if it wasn't for kids in college, grandchildren and retirement around the corner, I'd spend the "extra" money and find a Hellcat or slightly used Demon, but that's a story for another day. Back to my car, it's a 2012 R/T Classic Pitch Black w/Red Classic R/T stripes and of course I've added a few "classic" touches that Dodge should make standard, like 345 Hemi hood emblems & engine half covers, R/T & Hurst emblems on the rear spoiler and of course the original Scat Pack decal on rear side windows. Let's not forget the Hurst short throw shifter, w/pistol grip handle, skip shift eliminator and rear lights sequential turn signal kit. The best part is when Dodge sent me this verification letter (see below) to validate what I stated, is in fact true. Growing up in the 70's and seeing all the true muscle cars of that era was awesome...I can't tell you how many times I'd be waiting at the bus stop and see these high impact color cars cruise by, wishing for the day I could have one...well I did and it's what I could afford and built just for me.

March 25, 2015

Dear Matthew:

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

According to our records, there were 11 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
units built in Black Clear Coat paint and equipped with a 6-Speed Manual
TREMEC Transmission, Mopar Interior Appearance Group, Super Track Pak,
Dual Red R/T Side Stripes and 20X8.0 Aluminum Wheels for the 2012 model
year.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Tony

Customer Service Representative
FCA US Customer Assistance Center
REFERENCE NUMBER: 26665430
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 3123657

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Rudy62
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing