Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
well that's a bummer Trippytro. Its cool to get a deal, but not when it hurts your equipment.
Hope you get your original driveshaft put back in. Maybe you will find a good Aluminum drive shaft in the future.
heck, I 'd like to find a good aluminum drive shaft 馃憤

have a good one!

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Another update, local driveshaft shop charging about $200 to cut and rebalance to fit. Debating getting my money back (-150 labor) for the shaft and rebuild my oem or getting it fit.... i worry that its already used and its integrity may be comprimised...

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Update #3 still going nuts

No one carries the center carrier bearing and dealer doesnt list a part either. New oem shaft is around $1,200 and online the cheapest i have seen is $800.

How is it freaking possible dodge makes a non-serviceable drive shaft??

Do i have a choice besides a 1 piece shaft? Unfortunately the 4鈥 hit my exhaust.

Registered
Update #3 still going nuts

No one carries the center carrier bearing and dealer doesnt list a part either. New oem shaft is around $1,200 and online the cheapest i have seen is $800.

How is it freaking possible dodge makes a non-serviceable drive shaft??

Do i have a choice besides a 1 piece shaft? Unfortunately the 4鈥 hit my exhaust.
I saw a guy in the classifieds selling a NIB 4鈥 aluminum dss for a 15+ hp70 charger for I believe 700$ish. Modify the exhaust and hope for a better fit
NIB - DSS Aluminum driveshaft - 2015 and up LX, HP70 trans. Part# CHSH12-ACV-A-D
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=4857&share_tid=412166&url=https://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=412166&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Update #4 come to find out my driveshaft is actually 3鈥 longer than any scat/HC 6 speed variant. Looks like a 6-speed challenger 5.7 is the rarest driveshaft ever produced by dodge

I have a local driveshaft shop looking at it for a few days now to see if they can match up a bearing for me

Registered
I know there is a difference in length between an automatic and manual but from one manual to another? In fact, I could have sworn when I bought my driveshaft it was good for a manual HC,SP and RT.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I know there is a difference in length between an automatic and manual but from one manual to another? In fact, I could have sworn when I bought my driveshaft it was good for a manual HC,SP and RT.
You know thats what i believed as well, until he called his supplier in front of me, they pulled the HC/SRT 6 speed driveshaft off of the shelf and measured mine as they measured the new one. I believe it was 59鈥 vs 62 1/4鈥

Also, i assume it has something to do with the diff side because even DSS lists a DS for RT鈥檚 but only with a 15+hellcat diff

Also, the carbon DS I temporarily had installed was spec鈥檇 for a 6-speed hellcat, and again was about 2-3鈥 too long

Something fishy is definitely afoot

Registered
Yup you are right, driveshaft for a 2015 manual 5.7 is 52123975AG and driveshavft for a 2015 manual 6.2/6.4 is 53010735AF so they are different. Weird I thought the diff was the same and so was the trans...at least between a 5.7 and 6.4?

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Update #5

Part number 52123975AG not in stock anywhere.....and i mean anywhere dodge has it on back order and got an email back today claiming it could be months before they restock....

Summit says end if September they will update me.....

Looks like this months payments going in the trash boys

Registered
FWIW I found my receipt for my one piece driveshaft for my 15 RT+ M6, it was the same used for SP/SRT.

BTW if you are desperate for a stock M6 drive shaft I still have mine with only ~20kmiles on it, although shipping will be pricey I bet.

Registered
Here are pics of my stock drive shaft. Funny all this time I thought the center rubber gudo (sp?) was damaged but it looks like overspray from OEM drive shaft paint.

Registered
So I did a search and it says the driveshaft I got from MMX won't fit?! So how the hell did I get mine to fit. To be clear I have a 2015 RT+ 5.7 M6.

Registered
So I just looked up the part number (CHSH12-ACV-A-D) of the driveshaft I ordered and have been running for over 1 year on my 2015 Challenger RT+ M6 5.7 (stock drive shaft is 52123975AG which is 60-1/8" long) and it now says it is for a Charger?!
1568166380729.png

But my invoice says it was for a 2015+ challenger. Wait...is Trump still president?!

Here is the full receipt from MMX just in case you guys think I am full of it. Seriously what gives?

Registered
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I didnt mean to do this to you chally

I think the discrepancy lies in the newer design in the 1 piece? Idk but the carbon one i had temporarily did not have that cv/boot/compression point on the u-joint end like the one u posted. Some pictures have it and some dont, but it looks like there was a redesign at some point and maybe the difference in length is negligible due to the added travel

Registered
Nah, I am glad you found this out. What frustrates me is the part number is the same but now applies to a different model?! If my shaft broke my dumb butt would have just re-ordered the same part number and probably would be in the same situation you are now. Maybe MMX called me and explained what they did and I just forgot...just one more thing to kick my OCD in OD.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
6 Participants
ChallyTatum
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing