Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now that the '18 are offering 1 touch window up, anybody know if the window control cluster could be put on a '16 to achieve the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,881 Posts
It's going to be offered on all of the 2018s. My '17 doesn't have it.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,881 Posts
If it ends up being just in the switch I would replace mine in New York minute, but I believe there has to be some sort of safety sensor now and that would be controlled by the computer, hopefully I am wrong.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My thoughts are this should be doable with just the switch and a possible relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I would suspect there has to be some kind of failsafe sensor built in for liability purposes so you don't wind up with a guillotine.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
the frameless glass cars didn't get auto-up windows.

There's a sensor for current draw - if the window encounters resistance, it causes high current draw and power is cut.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This was one of the few things that I was surprised my T/A didn't have that my other LX cars had. Auto up for windows, memory for seats, mirrors, and the side mirrors tilting down when put in reverse. Grrr

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
This was one of the few things that I was surprised my T/A didn't have that my other LX cars had. Auto up for windows, memory for seats, mirrors, and the side mirrors tilting down when put in reverse. Grrr
the memory seats and tilt down pass mirror - those will be welcome items. Maybe will be the "new and improved features" for '19+...

I'm visiting with friends in MI right now...got to see some folks at FCA HQ over the weekend and the C.E.M.A show that was in the lot at CTC building, right next to the HQ building.

Often if you have husband and wife driving their Challenger, typically they'll need different seat / mirror settings...I got to drive my friends Plum Crazy SPS and I'm taller than my friend, so I had to adjust the settings to fit me.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,912 Posts
The ability to move your steering wheel and seats to clean and do the windows, then hit a button and have it all go back to your settings would be nice. A Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts