Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a Challenger, but this is the car that is spraying the 400 shot on our 419. His first time out he went [email protected]. This time he added the 9" IRS, but the nitrous was spraying intermittently and the battery voltage was extremely low. He only made 1 pass and then the alternator started smoking. He was also hitting the rev limiter at each shift. Should see 9's at Orlando.

Well, I finally took a good look at the timeslip. Looks like I was wrong about the 60'. I was actually a 1.435. I am shocked it was that good. I just wanted to make a full pass without spinning so I eased it out and probably wasn't even to the floor until around 10 feet out. Here's a pic of the slip:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
is he spraying off the line?
thats a sweet 60'

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some are slicks and some are dr's. Some are hoosier and some are M&H. Some are naturally aspirated and some are boosted. The tire has less impact than the converter in our cars. Lots of guys with the same tires are in the 1.6-1.7 range. HP/TQ, weight, gearing, converter, etc all play a role.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well i'm deciding between the
hoosier 28x10x17 slick and
m&h 325x45x17 drag radial

i was told the hoosiers don't last? right now i'm running the m/t drag radial 305x45x18's but they are inconsentent and i'm going to a 17" wheel.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anytime a tire is made with softer rubber its going to wear out faster. The slicks will definitely not last as long as DR's. The guy in this thread switched from the hoosier 17" slicks to an M&H DR and was faster. He now has 15's on it, but still chooses to run DR's due to his experience with the 17" hoosier slicks.

I also have a couple customers who swear by the hoosier slicks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts