Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 6.1L M6 Kenne Belle & Corsa catback you guess the DYNO numbers they are inside :)

So I took my 2010 SRT8 M6 car to the dyno here in CA. It was about 90 degrees outside and car was warm. Sure I could have picked up a couple RWHP to wait but who wants to wait. LOL Needless to say on 91 octane shitty CA gas and a 8 oz can of Torco car made 535RWHP and 505RWTQ. I was running the stock pulley which would give me 7-8MAX boost. Now I am seeing 8-9MAX which netted me these results. I was concerned with 10 psi but glad to see the gauge never hit 10 psi. Car feels great and at 18K with a good tune will easily hit 550rwhp which is my goal and I look to get years of enjoyment out of it. :beer_yum:

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Registered
260 Posts
If 550rwhp is your goal u might want to think again lol there is no such thing as enuff rwhp. Congrats on those numbers too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Get a ST Cam and it will net another 30whp or so.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. While 550RWHP is far from a personal goal, it is about the limit of a stock long block. Sure I can toss 12 psi at it and get 600RWHP I have no desire to grenade this pig anytime soon. LOL I am being logical with myself.

Jeremy- Unless the ST cam will pass smog NO PROBLEM I am not even remotely interested. I spent years and thousands of dollars driving illegal Corvettes with big cams, motors, etc.... When it came to smog time it was always a huge headache. I can pull this car into a smog shop and pass with no issues today and that is a big sense of relief and the main reason I went this route. Would I like 700RWHP out of this car with a 426 sure, do I want to deal with the CA smog Nazi's, not in a million years. They broke me down lol.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I just noticed the Kenne Bell sitting atop your engine. You have a killer build. Any videos of your car?[/QUOTE]

Here's my build thread, I posted a couple videos in it:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f179/st-forged-393-stroker-142074/

Thanks guys. While 550RWHP is far from a personal goal, it is about the limit of a stock long block. Sure I can toss 12 psi at it and get 600RWHP I have no desire to grenade this pig anytime soon. LOL I am being logical with myself.

Jeremy- Unless the ST cam will pass smog NO PROBLEM I am not even remotely interested. I spent years and thousands of dollars driving illegal Corvettes with big cams, motors, etc.... When it came to smog time it was always a huge headache. I can pull this car into a smog shop and pass with no issues today and that is a big sense of relief and the main reason I went this route. Would I like 700RWHP out of this car with a 426 sure, do I want to deal with the CA smog Nazi's, not in a million years. They broke me down lol.
Have you smoged your car with no problems yet? The CARB cert is a peace of mind for sure but I haven't put it to the test. My hope is the Cert. will get me to pass visual inspection and my tune will pass the emission portion.

I will get smoged this year. To my understanding the ST blower cam is smog compliant, in other words it will pass any sniff/emission test. Technically to pass smog it has to have the SC Manufactures tune and no alterations to the SC C.A.R.B approved kit.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yeah,....we have strict emissions in MA as well. What a pain in the balls. Can't have no fun. lol
Good luck man!

I just noticed the Kenne Bell sitting atop your engine. You have a killer build. Any videos of your car?
Here's my build thread, I posted a couple videos in it:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f179/st-forged-393-stroker-142074/

Have you smoged your car with no problems yet? The CARB cert is a peace of mind for sure but I haven't put it to the test. My hope is the Cert. will get me to pass visual inspection and my tune will pass the emission portion.
I will get smoged this year. To my understanding the ST blower cam is smog compliant, in other words it will pass any sniff/emission test. Technically to pass smog it has to have the SC Manufactures tune and no alterations to the SC C.A.R.B approved kit.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link.
Yeah,...is true if you are running mods that are not emissions "friendly", it still could pass depending on how well the tune is? I was led to believe that is correct.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes with a baby cam we can get passed the sniffer I do know that. I had a Z06 with heads and cam that passed just fine with a solid tune. It wasn't until I went with a built block that it would no longer pass as it required to much fuel. At this point I am happy nd for the power I have it makes for a fun car. I might look into a cam and tune down the road when I get bored. Hell I could net some decent numbers with a set of long tubes but again run into my issues. When I first bought the car I did tune it and it passed with flying colors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.