Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoguide listed 10 cars with the brightest colors that you can "see from orbit." One of the Challenger colors made the list- Sublime.

I like what they said about these colors and, specifically, about the Challenger.

"Then again, searingly bright, can’t-look-away patterns, and hyper-realistic colors are often a perfect fit for equally over-the-top automobiles, making this artistic license a straight-up middle finger aimed squarely at the millions of silver, white, and black cars roaming the country’s crowded highways. Check out these 10 paint jobs you can probably see from orbit and let us know which one is your favorite."

"Back in the 1970s, Mopar was all-in on arresting paint colors with equally evocative names like Sublime and Plum Crazy. Flash forward to today, and you can once again purchase the limest of Sublime green retro-themed Challengers, with the bonus of considerably more horsepower packed under the hood. In the immortal words of Matthew McConaughey in True Detective, “Time is a flat circle.”

10 Intense Car Paint Jobs You Can See From Space » AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I love all of the bright colored Challengers. The Sublime, the multiple Reds and Oranges and Yellow and the best of course is PCP! Great homage to classic MOPAR colors and great statements of the current model. The only drawback is that you can't "misbehave" in traffic disappear into the crowd like those of us with Black/Gray/Granite/Silver and White Challengers do. Just a small counter point.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I'm surprised Dodge hasn't brought back Citron Yellow yet.

It looks like it could glow in the dark. Yellow with a hint of lime.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I love all of the bright colored Challengers. The Sublime, the multiple Reds and Oranges and Yellow and the best of course is PCP! Great homage to classic MOPAR colors and great statements of the current model. The only drawback is that you can't "misbehave" in traffic disappear into the crowd like those of us with Black/Gray/Granite/Silver and White Challengers do. Just a small counter point.
k-dawg you are right but there is a good part that i notice with my yellow jacket. since it stands out other drivers are aware it's there. i've seen a couple times people were weaving toward me but backed away or where going to change into my lane but backed off. it had an IMPACT on them!!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
k-dawg you are right but there is a good part that i notice with my yellow jacket. since it stands out other drivers are aware it's there. i've seen a couple times people were weaving toward me but backed away or where going to change into my lane but backed off. it had an IMPACT on them!!!
You are right about being seen. I work in an office building with 4000 people, and large parking lots all around. When you stand on an upper floor and look out over the sea of black/white/silver/gray/navy blue/light blue/dark red cars that make up 95% or more of the lot, it's the Yellow, Bright Red, Lime Green, Orange cars that jump out like a zit on a prom-queen's face.

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of the best things I love about my sublime Challenger is that it stands out driving down the highway among the sea of white ,silver and black cars. I know I get excited when I see another one!

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My favorite high impact color is Hemi-orange (the color of my SRT). I fell in love with it when the 2006 Challenger concept car was introduced by Trevor Creed. Check out the 17:24 minute mark of the following video clip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had many people who are passing me in my sublime Challenger who then are staring at car and get awful dam close as they are passing by not paying attention. Get a lot of thumbs up- people saying cool car, love the color.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had many people who are passing me in my sublime Challenger who then are staring at car and get awful dam close as they are passing by not paying attention. Get a lot of thumbs up- people saying cool car, love the color.
I get the same thing with Go Mango.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
72 Posts
This is the reason why I am more driving like an old lady now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts