Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having a problem where my driver's door doesn't automatically seal when I shut the door. It drops it like it should when I open it. It's my driver's window and this window has also been slower than the passenger side since I got the car and hasn't changed since so I think that's unrelated. Also when doing the keyfob window trick that makes all the windows open my driver window doesn't open.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,429 Posts
Ive been having a problem where my driver's door doesn't automatically seal when I shut the door. It drops it like it should when I open it. It's my driver's window and this window has also been slower than the passenger side since I got the car and hasn't changed since so I think that's unrelated. Also when doing the keyfob window trick that makes all the windows open my driver window doesn't open.
With a previous car a window that doesn't drop when the handle is pulled or raise when the open door is closed can be due to a bad door lock controller.

Feeble window action can be due to a bad window regulator. This is the mechanism that under control of the door lock controller raises/lowers the glass.

In your case that the window drops ok but fails to go back up smartly or fully that's a sign of a window regulator problem.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well now the problem has changed. It works fine now but I woke up to a dead battery from it moving up and down on its own all night (only by the 1/4 inch for the smart window feature not all the way)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Generally this is the door latch assy

A Guy

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A Guy
Yea figured that. Was hoping it would be as easy as pressing the window switch in different combos like some people have. It seems like with everything I fix something new pops up the next day

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,429 Posts

A Guy
Door latch? Not sure I'd agree.

Operating the door handle initially causes the window to drop.

If the window is going down on its own that's a door handle or door handle switch or a door lock controller problem. (Probably the latter as this is where the electronics are that interpret the inputs from the various switches and then translate this into window action.)

That the window then goes up again is the door latch switching doing its job when the spurious handle open condition goes away.

Still best to have a Dodge tech make the diagnosis. The Dodge system could be different enough that perhaps the door latch is in fact the problem.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
I'm going by what most here on the forum have had as the issue when they have the same problem

A Guy

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, I believe the "smart window" sensor or whatever is in the door latch as a single assembly? When I fix it I'll make sure to come back and let u guys know what ended up being the fix.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
653 Posts
Had that issue a couple winters ago - tiny ups & downs would occur and eventually kill my battery. A bad "window latch" was indeed the culprit.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanna make sure before I order the part, the driver's side is the left side correct?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Drivers side is considered the left, yes

A Guy

Reactions: JD40
1 - 11 of 11 Posts