Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Midsize Sporty Car: Chevy Camaro - Known for muscle first and everything else second, the 2011 Chevy Camaro stood head-and-shoulders above the pack in the 2014 J.D. Power dependability evaluation for midsize sporty cars. No other car even beat the average in this category, which left the Camaro alone in the winner’s circle. The average PP100 score in the 2014 survey was 133, which leaves the Mustang and Challenger from model year 2011 with some feedback issues...

10 Most Dependable Cars on the Road

Sadly, I have to agree. I've had my '11 Challenger in the dealership for recalls & repairs more than any other car that I've ever owned... & over the years I've owned about two dozen vehicles, some costing as little as $1,000. :disappointed:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would say jeep wrangler.. I have abused it towing from miami to alaska and then canada buffalo miami , then LA miami and still runs strong

·
Super Moderator
15,084 Posts
don't forget when comparing to older cars - most anything prior to the 90s isn't much the same. Cars were much more basic - and recall that FI didn't appear until the mid 80s on many US makes (and that was a big change).

There's far more complex systems, ESP, ABS, engine management, keyless entry/start and the modules for all these systems.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I don't take those survey too seriously because you have to look at the size of their samples, and then the owners are different. Obviously, an older crowd may treat its cars (ex: Buick) better than a younger and urban one (ex: Scion). Some cars get modded and street raced, while others are mostly highway commuters. That's going to impact how many problems arise with the vehicles. I'm surprised by the Camaro, but as I said, it could be voted worst next year so... whatever they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts