Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an add on TV with Dodge SRT Challengers and Chargers having fun.

It said $10 per HP rebate, including Red Eyes.

This will move them off the lots!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that earlier today looking at the DodgeGarage Gallery, it had the article, and a video. I assume that same commercial. Good marketing I would think.

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
That is one bright bundle of badassery!
Also, why does the sunroof cost $700 more on a Hellcat?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Also mentioned here

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I was wondering earlier this morning why a 2019 was so much less than my 2018 sticker, and I initially missed the $4,850 discount. One catch on this offer is, basically current or arriving inventory only. Must take delivery by 9/3 I think.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hooboy, what an odd time for me to order a vehicle! So I placed my 2019 TA order 2 weeks ago, and obviously this offer wasn't available at the time. I was told I could take advantage of any additional rebates upon delivery. Well now damned if they don't come out with this amazing deal! Unfortunately this is for dealer stock only, so I guess I'm out of luck here. Now, if I just refused delivery, wouldn't the car just go back to the lot and become dealer stock? Anyone know if that's possible, and then I can just buy it off the lot? Pretty big price difference now.

And just when I was happy with my price!

·
Vendor
12,914 Posts
Hooboy, what an odd time for me to order a vehicle! So I placed my 2019 TA order 2 weeks ago, and obviously this offer wasn't available at the time. I was told I could take advantage of any additional rebates upon delivery. Well now damned if they don't come out with this amazing deal! Unfortunately this is for dealer stock only, so I guess I'm out of luck here. Now, if I just refused delivery, wouldn't the car just go back to the lot and become dealer stock? Anyone know if that's possible, and then I can just buy it off the lot? Pretty big price difference now.

And just when I was happy with my price!
this only applies to vehicle on the ground or about to hit the ground at dealership

·
Registered
90 Posts
this only applies to vehicle on the ground or about to hit the ground at dealership
So what exactly falls under "about to hit ground?" You're telling me if I refuse to take delivery, they are going to put this car back on the lot and it's going to be the only one that doesn't get the incentives? Seems like it'll be sitting there for a while then. For these discounts, it might be worth it to just grab something close to what I want. It can sit forever of that's really the case, but it sure seems unlikely they'd want the car to be the only 2019 sitting on the lot that can't take advantage of the incentives

·
Vendor
12,914 Posts
So what exactly falls under "about to hit ground?" You're telling me if I refuse to take delivery, they are going to put this car back on the lot and it's going to be the only one that doesn't get the incentives? Seems like it'll be sitting there for a while then. For these discounts, it might be worth it to just grab something close to what I want. It can sit forever of that's really the case, but it sure seems unlikely they'd want the car to be the only 2019 sitting on the lot that can't take advantage of the incentives
vehicle must be delivered, you take possession of the vehicle by 09/03/2019

·
Vendor
12,914 Posts
to abandon an order, you would most likely loose your deposit

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, just contacted my dealer and they said if the car arrives before the 3rd of September (absolutely no reason it shouldn't), that I can take advantage! Amazing deal. As far as the deposit, for this price I could refuse shipment, lose my $1,000 and rebuy and still gain. Also, I put the deposit on my American Express card. I have the initial emails saying I could take advantage of any additional incentives when I take delivery of the vehicle, plus now I have an email confirming I can take advantage of these incentives. If they try to change their minds and they want to keep my deposit, I'll send the emails to Amex and do a charge back. Never had Amex NOT side with me on any issue in the 15 or so years I've had them. I don't see how this can't work out for me at this point, couldn't have bought at a better time!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Well, just contacted my dealer and they said if the car arrives before the 3rd of September (absolutely no reason it shouldn't), that I can take advantage! Amazing deal. As far as the deposit, for this price I could refuse shipment, lose my $1,000 and rebuy and still gain. Also, I put the deposit on my American Express card. I have the initial emails saying I could take advantage of any additional incentives when I take delivery of the vehicle, plus now I have an email confirming I can take advantage of these incentives. If they try to change their minds and they want to keep my deposit, I'll send the emails to Amex and do a charge back. Never had Amex NOT side with me on any issue in the 15 or so years I've had them. I don't see how this can't work out for me at this point, couldn't have bought at a better time!
Sounds like you may just have another $4,850 bonus cash, or at least $3,850! Plus tax on that amount too I would assume. That would be $4,081 to $5,141 here with our 6% tax.
I like hearing when something works out for someone. I was wondering what I could have gotten instead of the 2018 I just bought used 40 days ago. Basically, I could have got a Scat Pack Shaker with zero options other than A8, and still been more than what my deal was. And since I found out with everything on it, it is 1 of 1, I am still super glad I didn't look new, and settle on some options.
Would you take the cash back as less deposit, or roll it into lower loan (assuming you have a loan)? If it was me, I would roll that much into a full 7/100 extended warranty, winter wheels and tires, spare rear wheels and tires for the strip, stuff like that.

·
Registered
331 Posts
This is what I've been waiting for! Only thing is it too late to order a 19 and if not, do you still get the discount if it doesn't arrive by 9/3? The guy I was going to order from previously said it either locks in at time of order or what they are at time of delivery, whatever is higher.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is what I've been waiting for! Only thing is it too late to order a 19 and if not, do you still get the discount if it doesn't arrive by 9/3? The guy I was going to order from previously said it either locks in at time of order or what they are at time of delivery, whatever is higher.
I was told I'll need to take delivery by 9/3. I'm really hoping there's no delays, but it's already been stuck in "D" status for 2 weeks. I'm going to be cutting it close, I don't think you could order one now and take delivery by the 3rd.

Have them find you one on a lot somewhere. Had I not gotten my order in already, for these kinda discounts I'd have settled for a couple options being different than what I wanted

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The wheels of a '19 have to literally be on the ground of the dealership by 9/3 to get the rebate.

If it ain't there, either is the rebate. If it's still in shipment on 9/3, no rebate.

Dealers can't lock in a rebate. FCA sets the dates.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There isn't one on the lot in the color and options I want though (octane, auto, plus and convenience with the red interior, HK or Alpine, dynamics, SRT spoiler). There is one with a couple added options a distance away but they want too much for it and there a couple blue ones and a silver, but I really wanted octane. I just checked the ones I mentioned and their listed sale price hasn't changed either, I'm thinking because they are already discounted bet. 6-8k off.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts