Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auto Trans. anyone with this setup have a problem spinning the tires off the line? even with Trac cntrl. off. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
IF it's a six speed it will either spin or bog, there a few drivers with the skills to launch the six speeds .Back in the day we had one of many who mastered driving a stick, you could actually hear his car right on the virge of breaking loose. Which is why he won his class week after week.He was five mile an hour faster than the competition. Of course he wasn't saddled with torque management.Tremec is the best mass produced stick, also the worst.There are better transmissions but they are expensive or no longer in production, like the Muncie rock crusher.Most Nascar trannies are Jerico 4 speeds.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My car is a 10 R/T Plus with a six speed and trac pack. I push the ESP button, (off position) Set the RPM's to 1500, pop the clutch, push it to the floor, and off it goes. Burn distance is about 15-20' depending on road surface. Yes, and it's Torch Red to!!

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
495 Posts
you need tires to stop the spinning.....try Nitto nt05's

·
Registered
81 Posts
nope mine will blow the tires off and go sideways no problem with mr squiggle turned off if he is on she just boggs down (firestones)

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Are you holding the button on off for 15 sec until the system completely disengages and says so (not the idiot light) on your gauge cluster? If you just press the button briefly and see the light come on it's not all the way off.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
anyone with this setup have a problem spinning the tires off the line? even with Trac cntrl. off. :scratchhead:
2010?
While rolling turn the key to the start position and hold until the radio goes off and you hear a chime. Did Mr. Squiggly BAS and ESP light up on the dash? If so you've just mastered the "key trick". You are on your own now. Be careful.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
burnouts

I hold ESP button down till it chimes and says OFF in dash display
off the line from stop it will start to spin the tires very briefly like 2 revolutions but then it seems like the rear tires lock onto the pavement and grips like nothing else. I guess thats what you want to win races but i just want to get a little smoke and sideways a bit

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
He did say his was an auto, the six speed is easier to spin if you want to, the auto takes a bit of effort to do so. the 2010 doesn't totally disengage traction control with the esp button, the key trick might work but may be harder if you have the pushbutton ignition. The tires will spin for a short distance by just nailing the gas, they spin longer if you hold the brake and get them spinning before you let off the brake. Pulling the #2 fuse for a second will likely help as well if the adaptives are used to slower starts.
I don't think the stp package will make that much difference on tire spin over one without it. Mine doesn't have it, but my engine didn't wake up till it was around 2500 miles.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
He did say his was an auto, the six speed is easier to spin if you want to, the auto takes a bit of effort to do so. the 2010 doesn't totally disengage traction control with the esp button
Ahhhhh. On my '13 6spd R/T if I disengage the system my car will literally go sideways off the line. It's scary the first time if you're not ready for it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hold ESP button down till it chimes and says OFF in dash display
off the line from stop it will start to spin the tires very briefly like 2 revolutions but then it seems like the rear tires lock onto the pavement and grips like nothing else. I guess thats what you want to win races but i just want to get a little smoke and sideways a bit
Pilot...if you have a six speed, put in 2nd, wind it up, and dump the clutch(it will bounce of the rev limiter :headbang2:)...enjoy the smoke!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have the Super Track Pac, you can fully dis-engage the traction control by holding down the ESC button. You also have some of the SRT performance pages available if you hold down the two outer lower buttons on the steering wheel. To my knowledge both are part of the STP. I had a '10 R/T Classic A5 with the STP and it would easily break traction on most surfaces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts