Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Mine did, I took it back to the dealer and the shop mgr, had a tech, take it to the shop and reset something. Now it works fine.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't know if I would call mine a hesitation. But I do know If you run a little hard through that zone, it stops it for a while. It dosen't do it when your getting on it though.

It more like drops a few rpms then powers through it. I just felt it was a querk of "drive by wire".

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I have to take it to the dealer to get the top of the door panel fixed and have the headlights reset not to turn on when the car is unlocked. I'll have them check the hesitation.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
If you are doing anything but loafing around at 2000 rpm, your best bet is to get used to the habit of releasing the throttle and then pressing, as desired, somewhere at or beyond the 50% range, when you need more umph out of the engine. Don't bother with 0-50%, and don't be subtle with your foot motions. It's just the way that whole electronic throttle is programmed. You got to let it know you mean business from the get-go, or it is just going to take an "eternity" to disengage mds, disengage the converter clutch, drop-down a gear or 2, and then finally whip the engine into a frenzy. If you really want immediate output, you simply need to kickdown the gear yourself and start at somewhere around 3000 rpm, rather than 2000 rpm. That's just where these hemi's are tuned to "get out of bed".

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I hate it that you can't just blip the throttle and get that quick shot of power like a carbureted engine will do .

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here's something you folks may be interested in.....One of my employees buys a 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and tells me to get in and drive it. Ok, so I do. Right away I notice that there is no feel in the MDS kicking and out. I tried to simulate the way it does on my car but it wasn't felt like on our cars. It felt more like a carbureted type of response. I just could not get it to drop to MDS and back in the time I drove it. The car didn't feel any faster, but the throttle felt more in tune with me pressing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts