Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't have any way to, nor know how to scan a time slip, I guess I shouldn't say that my Arrington twin turbo Challenger just ran 10.87 at 131.00 MPH on Saturday. Drove it 60 miles to the track, and 60 miles home.

Oh well...

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
Take a pic of it with your cell phone, get the photobucket app, download to photobucket, then upload to this thread.:icon_smile:

Or get autoguide free app for viewing this forum on your phone, skip the photobucket stuff, just load the pic from your gallery to a post while on your phone.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
Yep, it worked!
Congrats...that was a smokin' :smokin: hot run!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks all.
I'm more than happy with the toy Arrington built for me.

The car is a 2012 392 auto, running 11 lbs boost and drag radials. No water/meth injection, stock block with Arrington forged internals. SHR Viking trans with a Pro Torque 2800 convertor.

I'd be more than happy to line up with a Hellcat. They are an incredible piece of engineering, and I'm SO glad Chrysler stepped up to the plate. If I have to get beat by a true street car, I'd prefer it to be a Hellcat.

(But that Hellcat driver better be on his game)! :thumbsup:

I saw the Hellcat referred to as a "Purgatory Kitten" somewhere. I love that name! If I had one, my license plate would be
PURGKIT, or PURKITT, or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Your trap speed indicates you are making quite a bit more power than a Hellcat. I'm pretty sure a Hellcat will be looking at your tail lights on the big end.

Your short time is fairly high though - considering it's an auto with a built trans and higher stall. Most 392 NA A5 cars with DRs are at least a tenth better. Are you building boost on the hole shot and what happens when the car launches? If you can get the short time down to 1.6x you'll be looking at 10.5x on the big end.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I launched at idle on that run just "learning" the car.

The second run I launched at about 1800 rpm, and went 10.99 at 129 mph, with a 1.89 60 foot.

I'm going to bring it up against the convertor the next time I run it and see what happens. Between the first and second runs the air went from 1200 feet, to 1500 feet.

10.5 is the goal. With the power the car makes, I'm sure it is possible...just need to learn how to drive!

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I like to lean on my tc myself. And mine dont pull timing either like other do I guess. You drop that 60 and you know how it changes out back.
Nice ride. Cool on the turbos. Dont see many or as many out running in the LC cars.
FlatTop

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Reactions: 715racing

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Nice job Rob, wish I could have made it to the track that day as I would have liked to have seen you make those runs. I'll have to catch up with you the next time you go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts