Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No lie: Drove from my home in Falls City, NE, to Dallas on the eve of the 2014 AL Championship series to pick up a pearl blue SRT8 because I'm a Kansas City Royals fanatic and wanted to show my colors! Not any blue car would do, had to have a champion - and the Challenger, in my book, is the heavyweight champion of the world! I had to have the baddest model, but because of budgetary constraints, I had to say under 30G; and since I wanted a car with low mileage, I had to go back to '10. I searched nationwide for a blue SRT8 with fewer than 15k and narrowed it down to a pair vehicles - one in Chicago and the other in Dallas, both 10 hours away from my driveway. The car in the Windy City had 9k miles and was $3,000 bucks cheaper than the one in Dallas, which had almost 13,000...but the vehicle to the north of me had an automatic and that was a deal-breaker. Jumped in the car, arrived in Texas at 2 a.m., bought the Challenger the next morning, jumped on the northbound freeway, quickly cycled through the six gears and set the cruise at 102mph, determined to get home for the first pitch of Game 1 of the ALCS. When I realized I'd miss the first couple innings, I called Sirius en route and listened to the game until slipping into my garage less than nine hours and 600 miles after leaving Dallas. Stopped for gas A LOT! LOL...Car desperately needed tires (didn't bother to check before that crazy cannonball run - so I've upgraded wheels and meat, as well as a hi-fi aftermarket stereo system (Pioneer AVH-4000nex, jl audio components, 6x9s, sub, jl audio 360/4 and mono sub - which, incidentally, is the main reason I'm here...need assistance:scratchhead:!!) as well as some killer LED lights in the mags and headlights and Viper SmartStart remote start (kinda wondering if that was such a great idea). Will modify further as $$$ allows. That's my story - Royals fell 90 feet short of winning the World Series, but I feel I won big every time I fire this sucker up:pimp:!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice car, and a great story.

Going through some serious baseball withdrawals here in the east.
The good news is ...only 28 days until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

Reactions: Jschock8
1 - 6 of 6 Posts