Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the new R/Ts come with the 2012+ SRT steering wheel. I have a '10 with the basic pizza pan steering wheel (no audio controls). How difficult of a swap is this? I really like the look and feel of the SRT/new R/T 100 year anni) steering wheel.

Anyone done this swap can comment?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Different steering column - the '08-'10 was a Mercedes supplied column...the '11+ use a different supplier and the steering wheels are not a simple change-over.

Different hub/spline setup.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If the new steering wheels is the same one used in the new Dodge Journey, I had a rental while I had my steering pump replaced under warranty, I do not want. It feels light and cheap to me. It was thicker and I didn't like that either.

Yeah the 08-10 is huge comparatively in diameter but the real(realish?) leather and sturdier feels make it preferable to me. It may not be as aesthetically pleasing but it feels better in my hands. IMO. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
I absolutely like my plain (no buttons) 2009 steering wheel. There is not one thing I would want to change about it. YMMV

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Might I suggest the Mopar 10 wheel? It is $325 from Steve White. I changed mine out two months ago and like it extrememly well, over the 2010 stock steering wheel. I am still waiting on whether or not Grant will take the stocker as a return, though, as has been mentioned in previous posts.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
The mopar 10 is your only option. Grant I believe makes one that looks exactly like the mopar 10 but price is x2. I changed mine out about 3 months ago as well.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information guys. Looks like I'll be sticking with my current steering wheel. No biggie, just thought I'd ask though! :shinner:

·
Vendor
12,574 Posts
anything can be done, if your willing to spend enough money to achieve the goal, reality, the cost of swapping this strg wheel into 10 or earlier vehicle will probably run into the 3 to 5k range, not including the fact that most self respecting dealer or garage will declined due to the air bag conversion and liability associated with it
Luke

·
Registered
538 Posts
Love my 2010 steering wheel with no button controls. I absolutely hate the buttons on the steering wheel, it just looks too busy. Is it really that hard to turn a knob that is inches away from your hand?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts