Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been looking at getting new rim that are 20x10 offset of 20, and wanted to wrap them with 275/40R20's all the way around. What do y'all think is there going to be a problem with fitment. I'm especially worried about up front i don't want there to be any rubbing at all even at full turn. tell me what y'all think?
EDIT: I should probably mention i own a 2019 challenger RT Blacktop edition(don't know if that matters) stock suspension

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Stock R/T with 10's up front is probably going to be an issue, less you choose the wheel demensions, offset, etc very carefully, as well as the tire, as each manf can vary ever so slightly within the same tire sizing, with things such as actual tread patch, rub strip width, etc. Yes it has been done, but just requires the proper dilligence.
You could certainly run into issues if you ever lower the car.
Any factory challenger/charger wheel will fit your R/T (with exception of the 20x11 widebody devils wheel) so an upgrade to the Dodge 20x9.5 SRT/Hellcat wheel w/ 275 square set, is certainly a viable option and is a well proven performer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock R/T with 10's up front is probably going to be an issue, less you choose the wheel demensions, offset, etc very carefully, as well as the tire, as each manf can vary ever so slightly within the same tire sizing, with things such as actual tread patch, rub strip width, etc. Yes it has been done, but just requires the proper dilligence.
You could certainly run into issues if you ever lower the car.
Any factory challenger/charger wheel will fit your R/T (with exception of the 20x11 widebody devils wheel) so an upgrade to the Dodge 20x9.5 SRT/Hellcat wheel w/ 275 square set, is certainly a viable option and is a well proven performer.
I have been messaging with fitment industries back and fourth they say a 10" offset of 20 rim will be fine but the biggest I could go is 265/40 R20 and there should be no issue bc the sidewall shouldn't be much wider than the rim. thoughts?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Again, its been my experience that each tire manf is going to vary ever so slightly is thier exact width, although it may seem like we are splitting hairs, even a few mm clearance can make or break it...so 265 is max per FI, but in what tire??
If it were me, I'd stay with the 275 tire size, even if that meant only bumping to a 9.5" wheel rather than the 10", if for nothing else than the selection of tires is like 10x of that within the 265 range, this would be more condusive to running a more applicable square set if ever running different compounds F2R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts