Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you've never seen a Youtuber named Zebra Corner spoof on Chevy's "Real People" commercials, you gotta go see. NSFW for language. This one, he spoofs JD Power's "Initial Quality" award.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just yesterday I read a report from J.D. Powers ( I think ) about the most reliable cars in each segment. The Challenger was named most reliable in its segment with the Camaro number two. They said the Ford Mustang was nowhere to be seen. Ford just announced a big recall for steering wheels coming loose also but I'm sure the media won't make as big of a deal about it as they would if it was Chrysler. How would you like to have your steering wheel come off when going thru a corner at high speed? That could ruin your day for you!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just yesterday I read a report from J.D. Powers ( I think ) about the most reliable cars in each segment. The Challenger was named most reliable in its segment with the Camaro number two. They said the Ford Mustang was nowhere to be seen. Ford just announced a big recall for steering wheels coming loose also but I'm sure the media won't make as big of a deal about it as they would if it was Chrysler. How would you like to have your steering wheel come off when going thru a corner at high speed? That could ruin your day for you!
The steering wheel coming off of a Ford isn't as big a safety issue as originally thought. Turns out, most of the Fords being recalled were already broken down for some other reason, and they weren't being driven anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not surprised Dodge is on the list. My 2018 Challenger GT made it a whole 60 hours before it had to go into the shop. Their aftercare sucks, too. I just got a survey from Maritz CX, I'll be giving fix-it-again-tony dodge-the-problem the lowest possible ratings.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
If I had the initial quality survey on the new Caddy CTS (8K miles) the infotainment / navigation and user controls...

It wouldn't be good. Futuristic styling (no knobs, few buttons) trumped functionality with touch-sensitive chrome bars that don't respond very well.

And voice recognition is terrible (which you have to use for Nav inputs).

·
Registered
580 Posts
So with about 20 mainstream car makers out there, picking the worst ten is simply listing half of the makers. It's not like you have 100 to choose from and you are listing the bottom 10%. The list of 10 worst is 50% of the brands. Fake news. I've owned three Challengers in the past 10 years, they've all be great cars. No problems. I also have a Ram 1500. After 4000 miles, the thing is perfect (except for the tree that fell on it last week).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What, there wasn't a sensor that could detect that falling tree and deploy the UConnect 8.4 force field?

I'm on a RAM Forum (I own a Rebel). That truck is fraught with problems over many models and years. And while our Challengers are better than it's competition, the Dodge/Chrysler/RAM/Fiat/Alpha/Jeep collectively and individually has a pile of quality reliability/quality issues.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Maybe I'm just lucky, but my 2009 R/T was excellent with only a warranty covered water pump failure. My 2015 Scat Pack has been flawless without any issues. My 2015 Jeep Renagade has also been flawless.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
My 2015 Wrangler Unlimited has been trouble-free, as was my 2014.

My 2013 Rubicon was fraught with miscellaneous issues over the three years I owned it —including three head units replaced under warranty.

My dad’s 2013 Journey R/T has been pretty trouble-free.

My brother and his wife’s 2015 Renegade has had issue after issue. Now the car randomly refuses to start...until it does. The dealer can’t replicate it, so they have to suck it up.

My other brother’s 2008 Charger SXT was flawless. He drove it for 208,000 kms.

My 2012 Challenger SRT was flawless, too. I hope my 2016 Scat Pack is too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If I had the initial quality survey on the new Caddy CTS (8K miles) the infotainment / navigation and user controls...

It wouldn't be good. Futuristic styling (no knobs, few buttons) trumped functionality with touch-sensitive chrome bars that don't respond very well.

And voice recognition is terrible (which you have to use for Nav inputs).
2nd that(2017 CTS). I NEED KNOBS.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Every manufacture is going to have its ugly ducklings. In reality its the luck of the draw. My rule is to never buy new models. Always wait a few years for them to work the kinks out. My '14 R/T hasn't had a single issue.... except recently I have been getting a low fuel sensor circuit code and my fuel gauge will fall. But I can live with that.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The voice recognition in my RAM ('16 Rebel) is better than in the '13 Challenger, but still wonky. In the RAM, my grandson and I make a game out of calling out song names that we think the UConnect will not understand, and then laugh hysterically when it calls back a nonsense song title.

In the Challenger, it doesn't retrieve songs by voice, but I can voice dial phone numbers, but it won't recognize the names in the phonebook, like the RAM does. In the RAM I can say "Call home", or "Call Wifey", and it accesses te names I've put in the phonebook (on the phone). In the Challenger, when I sayh "Call home" it just says "State the name or number you want to call". I have to say "Dial....(10-digit-number)" to use voice dial in the Challenger. This isn't much of a deal for me, since I won't make calls while driving, but if I'm sitting in a parking lot or roadside rest, I normally just hit the speed-dial button on the phone, rather than mess with the voice dial.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
I've owned 4 Challengers (SXT to Hellcat), all trouble free. I can't say the same about the GM cars I've owned.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
What, there wasn't a sensor that could detect that falling tree and deploy the UConnect 8.4 force field?

I'm on a RAM Forum (I own a Rebel). That truck is fraught with problems over many models and years. And while our Challengers are better than it's competition, the Dodge/Chrysler/RAM/Fiat/Alpha/Jeep collectively and individually has a pile of quality reliability/quality issues.
Oh C'mon, just because you don't like the knob shifter.............>:)

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I've never put any stock in Consumer Reports. The last time I read it was 1980 when they trashed the Pontiac Trans Am for no other reason then the body style had been around for a while. I owned a 1976 Trans Am 455 four speed at the time. I've owned many Fords. They've had problems, not many but some. I've owned several GM. They were nightmares. My Chrysler products have been the most trouble free.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts