Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SE
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the speedlogic front strut tower brace

I bought this and put it in yesterday...

now first off...it was delivered in a timely manner...
it went in by myself all of 20 minutes, very easy install....
it replaces the bar that comes on the car...

now to the meat of it...

HOLY CRAP

when I say I am not easy on my car I am not exaggerating in the slightest...I beat the crap out of it...when I bought it Dec 25th last year it had 117k miles on it...now it has 145k all heavy heavy footed driving...

so I know my car pretty damn well and the roads around here I have put serious time and MPH on....

and to say it was an "improvement" is way understating the differences...
I thought the car handled amazing already and yes it handles good...

I was ripping these roads last night at speeds ive never done before, and not once did I actually find that point where the car was almost not able to handle the gs.... it went through a series of s turns that ive only been able to push maybe 55 60 MPH.... I went through them last night at 90 plus and the fkn car was amazing...no tire squeal...or any sign of not gripping perfectly...it feels like the car is literally grabbing the road now....

this is a MUST have upgrade for anyone who loves driving their Challenger on the back roads and rippin em up....

ALSO

get the Roar pedal!

EDIT

yes I am definitely getting the back brace now.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
216 Posts
This? Happens to fit a Shaker which is what I have [19]. Aren't there suppose to be two? [yes, not mechanically inclined for sure! I just drive...]

I am surprised to felt that much difference as I have had it on other cars and was not noticeable I will say. I am interested because I drive mainly twisted Mountain roads which start a mile from here!

Strut Tower Brace

I would personally go with this one. My Dealer is pretty finicky about the "warranty" issue! Lifetime drive-train, 7 years 100K bumper to bumper to bumper!

What do you think?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,650 Posts
You should get some sub frame connectors too. They'll do more good for rigidity than a brace will because they'll tie the front and back together. The tower braces help more with steering response than anything else because it helps with deflection (the strut towers moving before actually making a response to your steering input). This is the same for the rear brace. They'll make the car feel more solid and have more of an effect on things than the strut braces do.

Now is the time to buy the Razor's Edge/Speedlogix braces and subframe connectors too because I think that they still have the free shipping on their brand of parts and that could save you a bunch. With the subframe connectors though, you want to make sure that when you install them, that you use a 4 post lift and have the car without the wheels supported/hanging (don't use a 2 post lift).

Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts

Here's mine.

·
Registered
2011 SE
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This one is super easy to install...

I will be getting the frame connectors as I put all the pieces together that's a definite!
All workin up to having the ripp SC...

I mean she is fast...with the Diablo tuner and roar pedal she surprises most...but she is a heavy bit*h so ya.... haha

This? Happens to fit a Shaker which is what I have [19]. Aren't there suppose to be two? [yes, not mechanically inclined for sure! I just drive...]

I am surprised to felt that much difference as I have had it on other cars and was not noticeable I will say. I am interested because I drive mainly twisted Mountain roads which start a mile from here!

Strut Tower Brace

I would personally go with this one. My Dealer is pretty finicky about the "warranty" issue! Lifetime drive-train, 7 years 100K bumper to bumper to bumper!

What do you think?

View attachment 1001030

the one from speed logic is a 4 point connection...pretty sure it fits all configurations...except maybe the HC but ehh could be wrong...

and yes I definitely feel a difference....I hammer the piss out of my car though.... 120 plus on back roads...

if you don't push the car I don't know if you will notice a difference....

with the Diablo Tuner I changed the max speed of the car...it is 135 factory...now it is 185....hahaha
I doubt that 3.6 can get that high...but I will find out ;-)

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
the one from speed logic is a 4 point connection...pretty sure it fits all configurations...except maybe the HC but ehh could be wrong...

and yes I definitely feel a difference....I hammer the piss out of my car though.... 120 plus on back roads...

with the Diablo Tuner I changed the max speed of the car...it is 135 factory...now it is 185....hahaha
How "back roads" are we talking? Hopefully not the same ones I traverse @120+

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
Just that there is a time and a place and never put others at risk. Someone posted an article recently about the jail time handed down for a driver who killed several people driving too fast. The sentence was long enough to ruin their life; plus, you know, they KILLED someone.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
216 Posts

"if you don't push the car I don't know if you will notice a difference.... "

That is the key phrase unfortunately for me. I have braced many cars, up to last year a JCW Mini which clocked 304hp on the dyno... there is a big BUT coming!

I am 74, 2 spine surgeries which will be the last ones and not that successful, I have slowed down. Still much fun but slower speeds! That is something I felt in the Mini, at lower speed there was of course no difference and for me, as much as it is exciting and a "want", it would be a waste of money... I raced Rallies in Southern France where I was born. Started in 1964 [Duh!]. It was the Era of the Minis... and obviously kept the bug.

Still have the triple Radar Detector prevention and the 6 speed manual with active exhaust!

Photo of the "prevention" and my Mini which ended up being a torture chamber!!! No more Jeep either, no more motorcycles... Oh! I play videos!!!

Reactions: INK

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
Thank you for the awesome feedback! Great job on the install it looks great in black.

We have all the rear braces in stock ready to be powder-coated too :).

FreddyG has great point too, they will make your Challenger feel like it is riding on rails. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM us or give us a call 561-687-3712 Monday - Friday 10am -6pm.

We have front strut braces for all models:

- Alexis

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I have all 3 braces in my 2016 Challenger HellCat :cool:
The rear 4 point shock tower brace SpeedLogix sells does fit a Cat.
I also have the frame connectors [ PETTY ].
Mine are the bolt on type, easy install.
If you don't use a 4 post to install, I was able to use 4 Race Ramps to let the car sit on during installation, worked fine.
Enjoy your ride.(y)

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you don't use a 4 post to install, I was able to use 4 Race Ramps to let the car sit on during installation, worked fine.
Enjoy your ride.(y)
Doesn't the rear strut tower brace rob you of tons of trunk space?

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,111 Posts
Speedlogix offers both a two point “arched”style trunk brace and a 4 point “arched” trunk brace. Or they have those same two non-arched.

I have the two point arched brace and have never had an issue with space. However, I will be transferring it over to my Wife’s Daytona Charge. This way I can get the non-arched 4 point brace for mine. I don’t need the trunk space anymore and this way I get more rigidity from the 4 point setup.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2011 SE
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Enjoy your ride.(y)
I would fkn love to see how that thing goes...

IMO

The Challenger is the greatest car ever fkn made.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,650 Posts
I'm a newb. What does this bar provide for the car, exactly?8
If you ask ten people, you'll probably get at least several different answers, but here's my thoughts on the strut tower bars and Please take into the fact that I don't have one. This means that I have no bias towards any of the bars because in my opinion, they all work pretty much the same. I do have my opinions on which ones work better but that's not the question here, so I'll just stick to your question.

Sorry about the rant and back to your question. The strut tower braces either add to or take the place of your current, stock stamped steel strut tower brace, which is better than nothing but not the best.

The strut towers will deflect (or move/flex) during cornering and steering transitions and these strut tower braces tie the strut towers together and help to keep that flexing to a minimum. In my opinion, they do that but when people say that their Challenger rides stiffer because of the bar, that makes no sense to me because the bar has little to do with the suspension other than keeping deflection down during steering input and cornering.

Does it handle better? Possibly just by the fact that turn in might be quicker because it's taking one part of the equation out (deflection and the strut towers moving before actually acting on the input......if that makes any sense).

The one thing that I can't/won't argue with though is that they look Cool when you open the hood and adds to the "My car means business" look!

I hope that I answered your question, but if not, Please ask because there are people on here that might chime in that are Considerably smarter than I am at this stuff and maybe they'll jump in.

Enjoy your ride.(y)
I agree but my point was that when you install them, have as much of the car's weight on the ground as possible. Thanks for posting that because I didn't think about doing it on ramps. (y)

·
Registered
2011 SE
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It absalutly makes a difference in handling corners at higher speeds...

I just got back from a run...

It feels the same untill it's time to follow the road around corners...
Then it really shines....

Incidentally I reached the cars breaking contact point with the road a little while ago....
On a tight 15 mph hairpin...
After it got a bit squirly Coming out of it I looked downn...75...mph...

Wow hahaha I can only imagine what it'll do when its done...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts