Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.7L that is mostly stock. The only non-stock thing about it is a CC and modified tune. Everything else like air intake, exhaust manifolds, camshaft, etc, are the same as what comes in them from the factory. The engine even has almost 180K miles on it. Yet, I am seeing 100% VE for brief periods during WOT runs when viewing my datalogs. (The VE is actually going above 100%, although by only a few thousandths).

This seems suspect to me, as I would not think a mostly stock 5.7L would ever actually achieve 100% VE. Maybe with a 6.xL since they have intake, exhaust, etc. more suited to achieving such lofty VE, but not with the 5.7L. Anyone have any idea why I"m seeing this in my datalogs?

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

Come on people, I need answers here! Either someone enlighten me, or I’m canceling my membership and signing off forever!

(in your dreams ?)

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,433 Posts
I know just about zero about tuning that way, but for kicks, enable this

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,792 Posts
I would not get too hung up on getting some wierd readings. For example throttle position will never go to 100%. Stock tune neural network has 25%-125% limits and the VE tables (not used when NN is on) even show 103%. Athought I wonder if scavenging, VVT and intake design can actually hit +100% VE?

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the throttle PIDs will hit 126% in my logs when I go WOT, but I always attributed that to my maxing out of the Throttle Boost setting in my tuner.

Anyway, I had it in my head that the VE is calculated on the fly and so when I see 100% VE in my datalog I was thinking that meant one of the VE calculation inputs was wrong, and I wanted to figure out which one.

I would normally lay the blame for that at the feet of the IAT, but was only +5F over ambient in that log, so I was reticent to blame it this time like I usually would.

Anyway, my engine’s ability to defy physics is old news now. I’m onto newer and better things. Most notably the bottle of Griots Garage 3n1 SiO2 Spray Wax I just got. Now that it’s stopped raining here, I can finally go wash the car and give my new spray “wax” a day in court!

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts
One of the throttle PIDs will hit 126% in my logs when I go WOT, but I always attributed that to my maxing out of the Throttle Boost setting in my tuner.

Anyway, I had it in my head that the VE is calculated on the fly and so when I see 100% VE in my datalog I was thinking that meant one of the VE calculation inputs was wrong, and I wanted to figure out which one.

I would normally lay the blame for that at the feet of the IAT, but was only +5F over ambient in that log, so I was reticent to blame it this time like I usually would.

Anyway, my engine’s ability to defy physics is old news now. I’m onto newer and better things. Most notably the bottle of Griots Garage 3n1 SiO2 Spray Wax I just got. Now that it’s stopped raining here, I can finally go wash the car and give my new spray “wax” a day in court!
And don't forget the wheel wells...

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And don't forget the wheel wells...
Pffft, only serial killers and convicted felons drive around with dirty wheel wells!

I am neither; my wheel wells are immaculate!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts