Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an anniversary edition and didn't like plain body so I did mods to car. Striping, hood pins, pistol grip, American thunder exhaust, rear reverse light striping and white letter kit from tred wear.com. what can I do as far as horsepower? Cam, heads? Supercharger? Or both.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
You can do anything to it that you could do to any other R/T.

Having done heads and cam in a R/T I can speak from experience that they do make more power.

I have a supercharger about to go on my 100th in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks what cam and heads did you go with? How much power? I Been waiting on scat pack but its taking too long

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a mm 214-218 cam and PWR heads, made @430hp and 413tq at the rear wheels.
Those numbers were before the super charger? That's amazing! :respect:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a mm 214-218 cam and PWR heads, made @430hp and 413tq at the rear wheels.
Wow that's awesome. Great numbers. Did it sound like you had a cam? Love the sound of a cam. What are your numbers with procharger

·
Registered
637 Posts
The cam was quiet as stock at idle, the dyno operator even commented "how mild is this cam" as he was surprised by how it idled like stock. They were all impressed by the numbers. You will have to put a cam way too big for a 5.7 in to get any lope and you will probubly hate it. The numbers were cam/heads/srt exhaust/180 stat/johan tune.

I never got to put the magnusen on that car, I had a intake valve break just below the valve keeper on the PWR heads. Either it was a freak thing or PWR needs to step up how they inspect valves before re-use.. I will never know. It happend on the freeway just cruising in 6th gear, no warning, no noise, it just quit.

Now that I have a 100th, and only plan to keep it two years then get a hellcat or new vette all I plan to do is drop on the supercharge and call it a day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The cam was quiet as stock at idle, the dyno operator even commented "how mild is this cam" as he was surprised by how it idled like stock. They were all impressed by the numbers. You will have to put a cam way too big for a 5.7 in to get any lope and you will probubly hate it. The numbers were cam/heads/srt exhaust/180 stat/johan tune.

I never got to put the magnusen on that car, I had a intake valve break just below the valve keeper on the PWR heads. Either it was a freak thing or PWR needs to step up how they inspect valves before re-use.. I will never know. It happend on the freeway just cruising in 6th gear, no warning, no noise, it just quit.

Now that I have a 100th, and only plan to keep it two years then get a hellcat or new vette all I plan to do is drop on the supercharge and call it a day.
What is a Johan tune? I haven't heard of this yet? Also, why an SRT exhaust vs. a cat back of your choosing? Is it 3" throughout? Pardon my rookie questions.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Is it because of being a vvt motor. The 274 in an SRT sounds awesome. Sucks about motor. Who installed it? I too want a hellcat

·
Registered
637 Posts
Johan is a tuner, the srt exhaust is an effective way to increase flow without being loud and at a glance appears stock.

Pwr put the heads togeather, I put on the heads and installed the cam.

You have to remember that the 392 is larger and has more compression, the comp 274 may work better in it. I have read about how folks who put the 274 in a 5.7 sited issues with the tune and driveability. The MM 214-218 is a safe and proven cam at this point and esay for the tuner to dial in. If you want a lumpy cam be prepared for issues.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm a 2014 R/T Classic owner, and the R/T side body stripes are unique to the R/T Classic option. Therefore, I personally do not like to see the black R/T stripes on a 100th Anniversary Challenger especially when the 100th Anniversary badge is on the fenders as yours is. Your Challenger looks great though with that body color and especially the gray with tan/light brown Napa leather interior. :guiness:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm a 2014 R/T Classic owner, and the R/T side body stripes are unique to the R/T Classic option. Therefore, I personally do not like to see the black R/T stripes on a 100th Anniversary Challenger especially when the 100th Anniversary badge is on the fenders as yours is. Your Challenger looks great though with that body color and especially the gray with tan/light brown Napa leather interior. :guiness:
Thanks but just trying to look classic or retro.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice ride, and nice looking interior, specially the steering wheel.

Reactions: hemi leadsled

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only thing that differentiates r/t classics from other trims is purely cosmetics. We're all driving the same car. Nice looking ride hemi leadsled!

Reactions: hemi leadsled

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lowered my car with Mopar stage 1 kit it dropped 1 5/8 inch. Had nivomats and it still lowered.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
...and white letter kit from tred wear.com.
How long did it take to apply and how difficult was this? I've been debating this one. I know some people remove their wheels, did you do the same?

I also go the same tail light decal from eBay... for the life of me I couldn't get it on without it having creases or bubbles! I just ended up taking it off. :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How long did it take to apply and how difficult was this? I've been debating this one. I know some people remove their wheels, did you do the same?

I also go the same tail light decal from eBay... for the life of me I couldn't get it on without it having creases or bubbles! I just ended up taking it off. :(
It didn't take long at all. Maybe 15 min a wheel. Just scrub tire clean then glue on. As for the tailight decal it took 2 tries. Better with hairdryer

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
Looks good! Love the slight uniqueness of the 100th Anni. cars, and how easy it is to add more personal touches to them.

-Kenny

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.