Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are just wrapping up a fun build in here on a 2009 Challenger R/T 6-Speed with the plan of having her on the track the next two weekends.

Base Build:

HHP/BES 5.7L based VVT 392 Stroker, 9.5:1 compression
Custom HHP/BES Comp Cams Limiter Camshaft with Limiter
HHP/BES Stage 5 Ported Factory 5.7L Eagle Heads with Big Valves
XV Intake Manifold cleaned up by BES
Vortech YSI Supercharger with custom air-to-air high hp intercooler
HHP Return Style Fuel System
Custom Built T-6060 Trans w/ Spec Clutch
Driveshaft Shop 9" Rear End Kit & Driveshaft
Tune by HHP with Diablosport CMR Software

Here she is with C16 at 17psi:

Special thanks on this build to:

John Reed, the owner, who built the custom intercooler setup himself
AJ, who's internal PCM knowledge allowed us to tune this beast up and get past a few major stumbling blocks with the NGC4A factory PCM. I've learned a ton about the VVT computers the past week.

We'll let you guys know how the track goes as John is after the 6-Speed quarter mile record.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Wow Nice job!!! That is making some Steam!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Another great build HHP! Congrats to everyone! Can't wait to see how she runs...u bringing that monster to atco? ( crosses fingers)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
935 Posts
We're hoping to have her at Atco next week. We're planning on testing at Cecil County this Saturday with this car, Jeff Sherwin's Red Baron (World Record NA car) and a couple other cars, too.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's just scary sick. Awesome!

What do you think it would make tuned for 93 octane pump gas?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do my eyes decieve me or am i seeing an a vvt engine revving to almost 6500 rpm? is the stock computer still being used? and are the springs provided with the comp cam able to provide this new redline or did you opt for some special springs and overcome the vvt systems lift and rpm limitations? gratz on the build guys I feel like im looking at the road map for modding my 09 r/t now.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
We're hoping to have her at Atco next week. We're planning on testing at Cecil County this Saturday with this car, Jeff Sherwin's Red Baron (World Record NA car) and a couple other cars, too.

My first Race ever was here when i was 17. Good luck with it. Wish i could be there!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Please post up if/when/what day next week...would love to see you guys in action! - John

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
i am in awe.....

·
Registered
675 Posts
OUTSTANDING BUILD ! Could you describe the trans mods? I'm hoping it's something like
every other tooth removed on the first thru fourth gears, ala the "crash box" four speeds
back in the day.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
I know that the gears have been changed out along with a bunch of other changes. I'll see if I can get some more extensive info.

Saturday showed us that the carbon fiber driveshaft couldn't hold the punch of the 6-Speed, lol. The new aluminum driveshaft will be in Wednesday and we'll be hitting the track again Wednesday night if the weather holds out.

·
Registered
675 Posts
^^^ Thanks in advance for the trans info you may be able to provide. Good luck with the aluminum shaft, hope the weather holds for Wed. Can't wait to see the results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts