1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
The link didn't go to a specific car.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The wheels are new (Do they appear on any other Challenger, ever?), good thing, like the SRT-Type steering wheel. Dark Slate Gray would look amazing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah looks like it comes out in January.. so I dunno if you can order it now, or have to order it in January.. im definitely gonna try to get one

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can order now. I ordered mine this week. I think there is just a small window to order one. My dealer told me they have to be ordered soon since the build will be in February for March delivery. I talked to three dealers and got three different answers so if you are told you can't order one yet call around.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
question I have is.. if I put some cash down, but want to trade my 09 SE in for one.. how does that work since my 09 is my daily driver... does the value of my trade in drop between now and delivery?

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you make a deal for a new car with a trade your dealer should lock in the value of your trade.
I am trading in a car and they just asked me to try and keep the mileage down.

IMO if they are asking for you to give them a down payment for a car that you have never seen and will not have until March they need to have a little trust on their side as well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The 100 anniversary edition does look great. Very nice.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just came back from the dealer.. UGH.. 40 grand for that model!
they looked at my 09 SE.. only gonna give me 9 grand for it on trade.. so im gonna need like 13k to be able to have the payment I WANT.. I could technically afford a larger payment, but I don't want that.. they even offered me an SXT 100th ann. edition at the same price as a normal SXT.. they said ordering is running out QUICKLY.. I really wanted to step up to an RT this year.. might not happen.

·
Registered
601 Posts
they looked at my 09 SE.. only gonna give me 9 grand for it on trade.. so im gonna need like 13k to be able to have the payment I WANT.. I could technically afford a larger payment, but I don't want that.. they even offered me an SXT 100th ann. edition at the same price as a normal SXT.. they said ordering is running out QUICKLY.. I really wanted to step up to an RT this year.. might not happen.

Did they want 40k? Or was that the msrp? I guess I'm really asking is what was the MSRP price? Curious to how much they are marking them up if any.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
$36k is base MSRP (including destination) for the R/T 100th. Dealer invoice is $34,166 (~$33k with holdback). Even with a few options they should be able to do a lot better than $40k.

·
Registered
601 Posts
$36k is base MSRP (including destination) for the R/T 100th. Dealer invoice is $34,166 (~$33k with holdback). Even with a few options they should be able to do a lot better than $40k.
Dam! They're marking it up 4k over msrp?!? Ouch! Resumespeed, any idea on when the shaker order banks open? My dealer keeps saying they'll be available in January but he doesn't know when. I would think if Jan is correct the banks would be open now or very soon. Considering it takes about 8 weeks for an ordered car I don't even see how January is even possible

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wanted the 100th ann. .RT with leather seats, navigation and a sunroof. .only options I wanted.. and it was just pennies below 40k...

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Dam! They're marking it up 4k over msrp?!? Ouch! Resumespeed, any idea on when the shaker order banks open? My dealer keeps saying they'll be available in January but he doesn't know when. I would think if Jan is correct the banks would be open now or very soon. Considering it takes about 8 weeks for an ordered car I don't even see how January is even possible
The mark up amount would depend on the options... Ordering for shaker (on R/T) should open around January 8th (barring any delays).

·
Registered
601 Posts
The mark up amount would depend on the options... Ordering for shaker (on R/T) should open around January 8th (barring any delays).
Thanks! Gives me at least a better idea than the salesman. I even had one salesman (when i was calling around) tell me the shaker is an aftermarket kit and dodge doesn't make it. I guess he's "technically" correct since they haven't started producing them but seriously? He was a salesman at a dodge dealer and didn't know dodge was coming out with the shaker package?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts