Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10K miles on my GT in 3 months, 20K Update

07/03/2017 - After 10K miles all 4 tires have 8.5/32 tread remaining. I'm rotating my tires &changing oil every 5K miles so far. I haven't done much to the car yet except install OEM winter rubber mats (trimmed to fit) & OEM mud flaps. I do plan on installing 20X9 rims with 275 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 tires when the OEM tires wear down or sooner and I see a supercharger being added unless a V8 AWD Challenger becomes available.

Given the tiny 235 tires on the GT its actually a great handling car and the brakes are way better than expected. I haven't pushed the GT to its limits yet but it rides very smooth & effortlessly at 130mph. The Harman/Kardon is the best factory stereo I've owned.

10/19/2017 - After 20K miles all 4 tires have 7/32 tread remaining. Brake pads have very little wear, looks like 8mm pad life left. I drive mostly backroads/hwy and tend to drive with the road so I don't use my brakes very much. Everything is working like they should except my center display panel which likes to randomly reboot itself. This is a known issue with the 2017s. I haven't taken it in yet, been too busy driving

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow that is a lot of miles in 3 months.

Do you have a long commute to work?

Also, what has the gas mileage been like for you?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that is a lot of miles in 3 months.

Do you have a long commute to work?

Also, what has the gas mileage been like for you?
I live 70 miles from work but only work 3-4 days per week. The best mileage I've got on a tank was 32.9mpg but was mostly hwy. 28-30mpg is my normal range.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Lots of miles there in short time. I am retired and on my jeep I put on 40,000 in 2 yrs and that means 100,000 in 5 yrs and that's when my 6/100,000 extended warranty ends. I have a rule when the extended warranty ends the car goes lol so every 5 yrs I get a new car if I can afford 1 lol. Being retired kind of pushes me at the tight end on a 6.4 car no mater what it is. I told the wife no more jeep suv unless it has there new F/I V6. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CAR.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the updates, glad you are happy with the car and it's nice to see that everyone is enjoying the GT's so far!

I'm excited to see who supercharges theirs first but I have to ask, on day to day driving, I do 110/mile round trip per workday myself, does the 300hp feel like enough for the size of the car? I figure it isn't a bullet but assume it is still pretty quick. Looking at the times it runs they seem to be pretty impressive for the weight and engine size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice to see someone else putting some miles on their car. I've got 3,700 after one month on my 5.7L. Mudflaps probably would have been a good idea for me too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm at 6k miles in 4 months on the new GT. Love it and for me, the 305HP is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks for the updates, glad you are happy with the car and it's nice to see that everyone is enjoying the GT's so far!

I'm excited to see who supercharges theirs first but I have to ask, on day to day driving, I do 110/mile round trip per workday myself, does the 300hp feel like enough for the size of the car? I figure it isn't a bullet but assume it is still pretty quick. Looking at the times it runs they seem to be pretty impressive for the weight and engine size.
It's amazing how forcibly 305 HP in a Challenger will throw you back into your seat. Plenty of juice for just about any need on the road.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I put the 20"x9" 245/45's off my Scat Pack on my GT to use up the summer Goodyear F1 tires. The handling improvement was quite noticeable the off set of the wheels make them stick out of the wheel wells a bit so I put on Mopar splash guards after I took these photos. I plant to switch back to the all season tires on the GT wheels for the winter and when the all season tires need replacing I will put winter tires on the GT wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
How is your inside clearance on your front wheels?
plenty of clearance on the inside the off set for the non AWD wheels pushes the wheels out away from the car more than the GT AWD wheels so I added the MOPAR splash guards to help keep some dirt and pebbles from being thrown onto the sides of the car. I don't have any photos of the car after I put them on yet. Here you can seethe GT wheels fit under the fenders while the Scat Pack wheels stick out a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After 20K miles all 4 tires have 7/32 tread remaining. Brake pads have very little wear, looks like 8mm pad life left. I drive mostly backroads/hwy and tend to drive with the road so I don't use my brakes very much. Everything is working like they should except my center display panel which likes to randomly reboot itself. This is a known issue with the 2017s. I haven't taken it in yet, been too busy driving

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
How is your inside clearance on your front wheels?
There is plenty of inside clearance just about the same as the stock wheels. the GT 19" wheels are 7.5" wide rim with a 55mm offset and the 20" Scat Pack wheels are 9" wide rims and have a 25.5mm offset.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
There is plenty of inside clearance just about the same as the stock wheels. the GT 19" wheels are 7.5" wide rim with a 55mm offset and the 20" Scat Pack wheels are 9" wide rims and have a 25.5mm offset.
I love the look of your car with the Scat Pack wheels! Awesome upgrade. :wink3:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live 70 miles from work but only work 3-4 days per week. The best mileage I've got on a tank was 32.9mpg but was mostly hwy. 28-30mpg is my normal range.
Hope My MPG goes up to somewhere around that this summer. So Far from NOv to now the best I can get is about 21 mpg

MY AWD Drive 200s with same motor I had before this would get 28to30 mpg all day long

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm still on track for 10K miles every 3 months as I passed the 30K mile mark at 9 months. Running the 275/40/20s my gas mileage has dropped a bit. I still get low 30s mpg on level roads. My avg tanks are running around 24-25mpg but most of the time I'm in AWD due to the snow/ice/rain/cold roads.

My bumper to bumper warranty will be expire with owning the car less than 1 year but I haven't needed to take it to the dealer for anything. The only issue I have is my radio will randomly reboot itself which is a know issue. Haven't decided if I'm going to take it in. Read a few stories where the fix made things worse.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Everything is working like they should except my center display panel which likes to randomly reboot itself. This is a known issue with the 2017s. I haven't taken it in yet, been too busy driving
My 2018 GT is in the shop right now. Been there for 2.5 days. No answer on what is causing it. Mine started doing it the 3rd day I had it.

The entire Uconnect unit was replaces a couple weeks ago, by the center gauge cluster is still going out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 2018 GT is in the shop right now. Been there for 2.5 days. No answer on what is causing it. Mine started doing it the 3rd day I had it.
Sorry to hear that. I had so many issues with my 2010 Challenger SRT8 that I traded it in after 18 months. Didn't hurt that I got what I paid for it new in trade. I got $8,000 off MSRP on my 2010 SRT8 and my 2017 GT both were new.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,593 Posts
After 20K miles all 4 tires have 7/32 tread remaining. Brake pads have very little wear, looks like 8mm pad life left. I drive mostly backroads/hwy and tend to drive with the road so I don't use my brakes very much. Everything is working like they should except my center display panel which likes to randomly reboot itself. This is a known issue with the 2017s. I haven't taken it in yet, been too busy driving

Don't wait too long. At the rate you are going, another couple of months and your factory warranty will expire.:wink3:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts