Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran a new personal best today of 11.44 at 120.71mph w/ 1.63 60ft at Lapeer Dragway today! DA was awesome at -445ft but was partly negated by the 10mph headwind. Didn't cut as good of a 60ft as last Sunday at Milan, but the cold air helped it pick up on the big end. Almost hit 121mph on that pass! It was pulling like a freight train on the big end!

Not sure how much more I can get out of the car with the current mods. Will need some new mods and $$$ to go much faster at this point. It might have a high 11.3 in it with the right conditions, but I'm really happy with it running 11.40's as it sits right now.

Here's a few pics and a video from earlier today...

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Damn that's great!! Im jealous, I went to my local 1/8 mile track yesterday and the DA was still +2500. Im hoping to chase some DA by towing my car and my buddies Demon out to East Texas in January. Supposedly they get some crazy low DA there at that time. Best DA for me will be Dec 1 here in So Cal. We will hopefully see +400/500 .

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn that's great!! Im jealous, I went to my local 1/8 mile track yesterday and the DA was still +2500. Im hoping to chase some DA by towing my car and my buddies Demon out to East Texas in January. Supposedly they get some crazy low DA there at that time. Best DA for me will be Dec 1 here in So Cal. We will hopefully see +400/500 .
Thanks! I was happy to see another 11.4 pass out of the car!

Yeah I hear you on the DA, makes a huge difference. I need +500ft or lower to run 11.40's. I was thinking it might go even quicker than 11.44 today but there was a nasty headwind at the track today. Plus as good as the cold air is for power, it sucks for traction. I was hooking good off the line but on the 1-2 shift it was spinning pretty bad. It doesn't do that in the warmer air. So I might have lost a little time there too.

I know in the winter they get great air in Texas. The best I've ever run in was -500ft DA a couple years ago. Usually the best we see is maybe -250ft up to +500ft in the fall. Those guys out on the East coast have tracks at sea level and they get cold air. Not uncommon for them to have -1000 to -2000ft DA sometimes!

Hope you get some good DA soon and run the times you're looking for!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Great run - congrats!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Ran a new personal best today of 11.44 at 120.71mph w/ 1.63 60ft at Lapeer Dragway today! DA was awesome at -445ft but was partly negated by the 10mph headwind. Didn't cut as good of a 60ft as last Sunday at Milan, but the cold air helped it pick up on the big end. Almost hit 121mph on that pass! It was pulling like a freight train on the big end!

Not sure how much more I can get out of the car with the current mods. Will need some new mods and $$$ to go much faster at this point. It might have a high 11.3 in it with the right conditions, but I'm really happy with it running 11.40's as it sits right now.

Here's a few pics and a video from earlier today...

Carl's Scat Pack - 11.44 at 120.71 mph - YouTube
Nice run!... I need to getup to Lapeer Dragway... I haven't been back since the revamp. Is it a nice strip now?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was that in default mode? I would have assumed track or sport to be the go to settings?
I always run in Track mode when making passes. Fastest/firmest shifts. In the colder air the 1-2 shift tends to spin a little but I think if I toned down the shifts it would lose on the other ones. Little warmer air it hooks up good. My car was .1 faster 0-60 back to back ABA testing of Track Sport Track Sport on the same stretch of road with 20" drag radials on the back. So I've just stuck with Track since then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Carl, if it wasnt for that headwind that would've been 11.30's pass. you can really see that Wind speed from the flag on one of my passes with the GoPro video...
that Mustang was crazy fast...lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice run!... I need to getup to Lapeer Dragway... I haven't been back since the revamp. Is it a nice strip now?
Yes, it's much nicer now. Track surface is all new, and all concrete. Has concrete walls the whole way down. New scoreboards, new timing equipment, they put down better glue so you always hook up, has a timeslip booth now, the pits are all paved (no gravel or dirt anymore). He raised the prices a bit, but they're still reasonable. He bought an additional 80 acres adjacent to the track and plans on expanding it a bit more, adding a camp ground, and some other stuff. It's still under construction in a lot of areas, but it's already a much nicer track.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Awesome times for the mods Carl. Good seeing you yesterday as well as your friend in the Black Scat.

I ended up going faster. Finally stayed with my old tune and let it settle in. It’s crazy how reloading tunes effects performance. My shift points are never right after a freshly loaded tune and was costing me a tenth all night.

Anyway I ended up going [email protected]

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541013

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carl, if it wasnt for that headwind that would've been 11.30's pass. you can really see that Wind speed from the flag on one of my passes with the GoPro video...
that Mustang was crazy fast...lol
I agree. I think the car had mid/high 11.30's in it that day without that headwind. But that's how it goes, you rarely get all the conditions lined up in your favor. Still happy to go deeper into the 11.40's. And the MPH on that pass was insane! I looked down at my speedometer after the traps and saw 121mph, I thought wow this has to be a good pass!

That Mustang was insane! Caught up to me like I was standing still. Think he said it was a mid 9 second car if set up properly. Sure looked like it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome times for the mods Carl. Good seeing you yesterday as well as your friend in the Black Scat.

I ended up going faster. Finally stayed with my old tune and let it settle in. It’s crazy how reloading tunes effects performance. My shift points are never right after a freshly loaded tune and was costing me a tenth all night.

Anyway I ended up going [email protected]

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541013
Awesome man! I know you came so close on that one pass with 10.77. At least you got into the 10.60's and got into a new bracket there. Definitely one fast Camaro!

Yeah I was really happy about running 11.40's again. I think it has 11.30's in it as it sits, but with some catless pipes next year that might be all it needs to run that in a little warmer air. I might try to run a couple more times if the weather is decent, but I"m not sure how much faster it can go without more mods. It's pretty much all out as it is now I think.

Mark in the black Scat Pack went his fastest time too that day with an 11.58, he was pretty happy. I think he's planning on getting some front skinnies for next year.

I loaded a fresh tune on the car and my first pass was off as well, 11.65 at 118rpm. Next pass was 11.53 at 120.17mph, and then 11.44 at 120.71mph. I had to adjust my tune though as the fuel was off when I was driving it in, needed to be a little richer. Last time at Milan I loaded a tune and then went out on Snell Rd and got on it a few times, went through the gears, came back, made a pass, and it was fine.

Congrats on the new PB! Good seeing you again as well!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Troy, check out Lapeer's facebook page, the photo guy took tons of photos yesterday, got quite a few of your car launching. I saved a few on my phone but don't have your phone/email. Check them out, you can order them and get them framed, etc. Would be cool for the garage!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here’s a couple pics. From Sunday

Attachments

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Congratulations on the new personal best! Imagine if you had that wind behind you giving you a push!

You'd have run in the thirties pretty easily! Nice trap speed too! :cheers:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wow Carl that Scat is haulin the mail!! CONGRATS!! Couple of questions for you if I may Sir..... Do you run Jay's Track Tune or the Street Tune at the strip?

What air pressure in the DR's? Do you do a burnout every time? Thanks Carl....Gene.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congratulations on the new personal best! Imagine if you had that wind behind you giving you a push!

You'd have run in the thirties pretty easily! Nice trap speed too! :cheers:
Thanks! Yep, with no wind or a slight tailwind it would have hit 11.30's easily that day. Very good air!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow Carl that Scat is haulin the mail!! CONGRATS!! Couple of questions for you if I may Sir..... Do you run Jay's Track Tune or the Street Tune at the strip?

What air pressure in the DR's? Do you do a burnout every time? Thanks Carl....Gene.
Thanks!

I run Jay's race tune at the track. I run 21psi in my tires. Yes I do a burnout each time. Usually start in first for a couple seconds then shift manually into 2nd and hold it for a few more seconds, let off the line lock button and let it roll forward until it grips and then let off. Seems to work well for me.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts