Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it into the 11.50's today! Ran 11.55 at 116.89 mph w/ 1.62 60ft time today at Milan Dragway! DA was around +300ft, very nice day today! My goal was to hit 11.50's this year with my current mods and it finally happened!

Going to get a ported TB soon and get a trans tune for the car next and see if that will drop another tenth or two. Might get some colder air later in October and early November as well. The car may well have 11.40's in it this year if everything lines up right. But I'm very happy running 11.55 today!

Made another pass after that and ran 11.71 at 116.09 mph, but I spun off the line a little. Got a little too aggressive with the launch I think. DA crept up to about +750ft or so as well by then. Should have fun low 11.60's but lost a little time from spinning. Even so, pretty happy with my bad pass being an 11.71! Had to leave after that as I had a birthday party to go to. I could have left after that first pass though I was so happy haha!

Here's some pics and video...

^ 11.55 pass (iPhone from stands)

^ 11.55 pass (GoPro in car)

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,049 Posts
Nice job and congrats Carl, we had great air for racing here in PA today too, now I'm really wishing I would have got out today lol.

Reactions: cdahl383

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job and congrats Carl, we had great air for racing here in PA today too, now I'm really wishing I would have got out today lol.
Thanks man! Yeah it was beautiful here too. Couldn't pass it up! I'm sure you guys will have plenty more shots to hit the track before the season is over.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
Congrats :) It's too bad you didn't get excited about it ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
755 Posts
Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Hell yeah! Come on now, you can shave another tenth off! :)

Curious, did you leave it in D and bump the paddle down to 1 and let it auto-upshift at redline? Notice any difference?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hell yeah! Come on now, you can shave another tenth off! :)

Curious, did you leave it in D and bump the paddle down to 1 and let it auto-upshift at redline? Notice any difference?
Thanks! Yeah that's the plan. I think the car can get into the 11.40's with the right conditions. Maybe a slightly negative DA, adjust the tune a little more, might just hit 11.49 before the end of the year. But even if I don't, I'm really happy with 11.55 with the mods I have done to the car. A couple years ago I would have never thought I'd be racing a Challenger and running 11.50's. Amazing what these cars are capable of considering how big and heavy they are.

No I didn't bother with the paddle shifters. Someone told me that if you don't shift it in time before redline when in Sport or Track mode it will just hold the gear and bounce off the rev limiter. I never bothered to try it on the street before I went so once I got there I thought well I better just stick to my normal routine. I can usually only get 3-4 passes in on Sundays so I didn't want to botch one of them up.

Can you confirm if the car hits the rev limiter or will shift automatically for you when in paddle shift mode in Sport or Track mode? I thought one of them didn't, either Manual mode with the shifter or the paddles.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Thanks! Yeah that's the plan. I think the car can get into the 11.40's with the right conditions. Maybe a slightly negative DA, adjust the tune a little more, might just hit 11.49 before the end of the year. But even if I don't, I'm really happy with 11.55 with the mods I have done to the car. A couple years ago I would have never thought I'd be racing a Challenger and running 11.50's. Amazing what these cars are capable of considering how big and heavy they are.

No I didn't bother with the paddle shifters. Someone told me that if you don't shift it in time before redline when in Sport or Track mode it will just hold the gear and bounce off the rev limiter. I never bothered to try it on the street before I went so once I got there I thought well I better just stick to my normal routine. I can usually only get 3-4 passes in on Sundays so I didn't want to botch one of them up.

Can you confirm if the car hits the rev limiter or will shift automatically for you when in paddle shift mode in Sport or Track mode? I thought one of them didn't, either Manual mode with the shifter or the paddles.
In D the car will not bounce off the rev limiter, but in M it will.

You can use the paddle shifters in D, try it on your way home from work :)

Again just to be clear, keep the car in D. You can still use the paddle shifters. I do it all the time to drop down in gear, but never to upshift, I let it hit the redline(not the rev limiter) and auto-upshift. hope that was clear :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ Cool, thanks man! Wasn't sure on that and forgot to try it on the street and when I was in the staging lanes I thought no way I"m trying that now. Didn't want to look like a fool bouncing off the rev limiter right out of the hole haha!

Maybe that'll be good for .05 or so off my ET. Might put me at 11.50. Then if I had a little cooler air, maybe a couple small adjustments to my tune, and just might hit 11.40's even before the throttle body and trans tune!

I'm curious to see what the trans tuning can yield us. I'm hoping at least .1 or so. I think Track mode is pretty solid as it is, but I think if you could alter the shift points slightly you might pick up just a little.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts