Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran 11.56 at 117.42mph at Ubly Dragway last Saturday. Also ran several 11.60's and a couple 11.70's where I spun. DA was around +850 to +1000ft that day. Car was running strong!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,246 Posts
Nice job Carl, you're really getting some great quartermile times.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Strong is an understatement!

I've read your mods before, but you should post them in your sig so us forgetful folks know!

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
What is your suspension set up? What tires you running?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I've been trying to hit 11.50's more often. I hit 11.59 last month and then this month I got the 11.56 which was cool.

Mods:
- catch can
- hellcat airbox
- Tazer
- Jay Greene tune
- Fastman throttle body
- Racestar wheels
- Drag radials / front skinnies

Suspension is stock. Running M/T ET Street R 305/45/17's on the back and M&H 28-4.5/17 radial front runners on the front.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Seen a guy up on Youtube also doing similar numbers with his 392, this is Hellcat territory and says a lot about how fast these cars can run with the right driver and hooking with the right tires. Great Job

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Wow - great run! Is there anything difficult about pulling the passenger seat? I've thought about it but never done it...Do you need a special socket for those star-headed bolts holding them in?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks! I've been trying to hit 11.50's more often. I hit 11.59 last month and then this month I got the 11.56 which was cool.

Mods:
- catch can
- hellcat airbox
- Tazer
- Jay Greene tune
- Fastman throttle body
- Racestar wheels
- Drag radials / front skinnies

Suspension is stock. Running M/T ET Street R 305/45/17's on the back and M&H 28-4.5/17 radial front runners on the front.

That's really consistent, if any of the Modern Street Hemi Shootouts are in your area you should attend, lots of good people and fast cars.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,246 Posts
Carl, are you taking the back seat and passenger seat out on those runs? If not it should be worth a bit more to lose the weight, of course that's more work before hitting the track and makes it kind of tough to haul any passengers lol.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seen a guy up on Youtube also doing similar numbers with his 392, this is Hellcat territory and says a lot about how fast these cars can run with the right driver and hooking with the right tires. Great Job
I have tons of videos up under my Youtube channel under Novaguy383.

I agree, these cars can run really fast with the right setup. I actually beat a hellcat once at the track, and he didn't spin or let off or abort, he was going all out. We both left around the same time too. His was a 6 speed. He ran 11.8 to my 11.8 but I got him by .04 second or something ridiculously close like that. He couldn't believe it. Clearly the hellcat is a faster car than mine, but on that particular race, I made it to the finish line first which I didn't expect at all haha!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow - great run! Is there anything difficult about pulling the passenger seat? I've thought about it but never done it...Do you need a special socket for those star-headed bolts holding them in?
No, it's very easy. Takes me 5-10 minutes tops. Four bolts and two harness clips underneath the seat. Entire seat along with the tracks comes right out. You need an E12 socket to get the star headed bolts out without rounding them off. Very easy.

The passenger seat weighs 55lbs. The rear seat altogether is around 40lbs. The rear seat is also easy to remove and takes maybe 5-10 minutes. 18mm socket is all you need. I leave the bottom cushion in as it only weighs around 5-7 lbs.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carl, are you taking the back seat and passenger seat out on those runs? If not it should be worth a bit more to lose the weight, of course that's more work before hitting the track and makes it kind of tough to haul any passengers lol.
I typically run 11.60-11.70's but since the weather was pretty decent I pulled the seats to see if I could hit 11.50's.

I ran 11.63 on one pass and came back in the pits, yanked out the passenger seat, went back up to the staging lanes 30 minutes later and then ran my 11.56. It wasn't the best 60ft and the 1-2 shift spun pretty bad, but it still got me to my 11.5 I was after.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
634 Posts
Well done Carl! Excellent ET and fantastic 60' & MPH in less than ideal DA. Are you running the same TB you were running last year or did you change it over the off season?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well done Carl! Excellent ET and fantastic 60' & MPH in less than ideal DA. Are you running the same TB you were running last year or did you change it over the off season?
Thanks!

The MPH was good but my 60ft could have been better. It should be 1.62-1.66. But I was still happy with that pass getting into the 11.50's especially with room left in the 60ft.

No, I changed out the Modern Muscle 87mm TB to a Fastman 84mm TB. I believe the Fastman is a better unit. It has a true 84mm bore vs the MM 80mm bore (which is the same as stock). The one side of the throttle shaft is also removed so when you are wide open it's actually flowing 88mm.

I'm also running a tune from Jay Greene this year. I've been impressed with his tunes so far, I'm getting very good MPH out of them, so I know they're making good power.

I'm hoping to get into the low 11.5's or high 11.4's later this fall with a few more minor changes and some better air. But I've been very happy with how the car has been running so far this year.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Somebody mentioned this years ago so don't know if it's true or not......."every 10 lbs of weight lost is equal to "about" 1HP"

Anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Somebody mentioned this years ago so don't know if it's true or not......."every 10 lbs of weight lost is equal to "about" 1HP"

Anyone know if that's true?
It's hard to accurately quantify the effect of weight reduction on a particular car as there are so many variables. It seems that generally on a street car that runs say 12's to 14's that around 100lbs is good for .1 off your ET. The effect on ET goes down the faster the car gets though.

My car went from 11.63 to 11.56 with just removing the passenger seat and it weighs around 55lbs. The car also sat for a bit and cooled off in the shade during that time. It's hard to say how much that actually contributed to shaving ET off. But we did have a 15mph ENE wind that day and the track faces East, so depending on how windy it was during my pass that may have affected it as well.

But I always figure the less weight the car has the faster it will go, it certainly won't hurt.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
634 Posts
No, I changed out the Modern Muscle 87mm TB to a Fastman 84mm TB. I believe the Fastman is a better unit. It has a true 84mm bore vs the MM 80mm bore (which is the same as stock). The one side of the throttle shaft is also removed so when you are wide open it's actually flowing 88mm.
The Fastman TB looks to be a good upgrade. Where any tune changes required to get it to work well?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Fastman TB looks to be a good upgrade. Where any tune changes required to get it to work well?
Yes, a tune is required for the 84mm TB. He also makes a TB that still retains the stock bore but improves throttle response that does not require a tune, but I don't think you pick up much power if any with that one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts