Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my tuner has my AFR set at roughly 11.8:1 by watching my wideband on pulls. Highest I see it is about 12.0 during a WOT. Is this a little rich for an N/A setup? Car runs great just curious as I always thought N/A motors like to be 12.5-13.0

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts
Every engine is different, but it may be running a little rich to squelch some lean knock the tuner saw at tune-time. If you have access to ask the original tuner, that's going to be the way to go. Only they know why they set the parameters the way they did.

Ultimately, the air fuel ratio that yields the least amount of KR while running the most spark advance possible is what's going to make the most power. If yours is doing that, there's no need to worry about the actual air fuel ratio I would think.

Reactions: VQ4NFO and JD40

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts

I just recorded a WOT run I had in which I saw no KR at all, so the engine was literally running just about as good as it possibly could at the time. I don't have a wideband sensor, so I don't know what the actual AFR was, but I do have the expected AFR recorded, and at its most extreme, the PCM was spraying enough gas to hit 11.22.

Reactions: JD40

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I noticed my tuner has my AFR set at roughly 11.8:1 by watching my wideband on pulls. Highest I see it is about 12.0 during a WOT. Is this a little rich for an N/A setup? Car runs great just curious as I always thought N/A motors like to be 12.5-13.0
My NA tune is set at 12.5.. now running 10lb boost and it's set at 11.5.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts