Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone please help
I have a 11 challenger 5.7 mt non mds vvt motor I have installed
392 cam
New lifters
Hardened pushrods
New valve springs
Heads cleaned and checked
Stock bottom end
6.1 intake
Stock 5.7 injectors
Stock tb
Cold air kit
6.4 exhaust manifolds
Non catted mid pipes

Hemifever first tune 93 octane
Car runs good revs fine
Drives but when you try to accelerate over half throttle bogs down sputters runs bad
I had performance coils swapped stock ones back out no change also has a light surge at constant throttle running down the road but smooth idle at a light.
Any ideas what to.do next

Tuner told me I have another issue not in the tune

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
141 Posts
That’s a lot of change, so it’s impossible to armchair diagnose. What pushrods? Lifters? Springs? Check the basics with your install, remove valve covers and check the rocker action, then check compression, check for vacuum leaks. Check plugs, swap coils. Rule things out one by one.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
141 Posts
Ok everyone please help
I have a 11 challenger 5.7 mt non mds vvt motor I have installed
392 cam
New lifters
Hardened pushrods
New valve springs
Heads cleaned and checked
Stock bottom end
6.1 intake
Stock 5.7 injectors
Stock tb
Cold air kit
6.4 exhaust manifolds
Non catted mid pipes

Hemifever first tune 93 octane
Car runs good revs fine
Drives but when you try to accelerate over half throttle bogs down sputters runs bad
I had performance coils swapped stock ones back out no change also has a light surge at constant throttle running down the road but smooth idle at a light.
Any ideas what to.do next

Tuner told me I have another issue not in the tune

I will add (and I’m not an expert with the 6.1 intake) but doing a search here yields talk of needing the 6.1 MAP, fuel rails and PCV. Someone else made mention of your exact symptoms after installing just the intake, so, make sure you’ve done what you’ve needed for that, too, or swap the 5.7 intake back on to rule any of that out. Looks like you would not have needed the port adapter with your Eagle heads FWIW.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the advice pulling valve covers tonight already swapped coils no change but going in first yes I have 6.1 rails new Orings and a 6.1 map sensor and 6.1 pcv . I did homework on it best I could just unsure of diag worried about the tune. Fyi my I sent my tuner a data log from it acting up and he said its running rich on one bank to check my pushrods

I do appreciate all the input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts