Diablo Trinity................................................check
LegMaker true CAI.........................................check
180 degree T-Stat........................................check
17 inch wheels..............................................check
275-50-17 M&H RaceMaster drag radials............check

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I think you should sell the car and develop a life changing cocaine addiction. It's cheaper

·
Registered
258 Posts
China 1995 Cobra R's. Cheap wheel that works. Don't really care about what they look like.
I had a set of original OEM R58s for my old SN-95. So they bolt on no problem for an LC/LX platform huh?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
Subscribed, I'm interested to see if all those goodies are enough to get you into the 11's. I just picked up a 2014 SRT Core and I'll be looking for a shot at the 11's when the weather clears in the spring, unlike you I've got snow in my forecast for later this week LOL.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Subscribed, I'm interested to see if all those goodies are enough to get you into the 11's. I just picked up a 2014 SRT Core and I'll be looking for a shot at the 11's when the weather clears in the spring, unlike you I've got snow in my forecast for later this week LOL.
Im hoping for an 11.9. There is a 2012 SuperBee out there that ran an 11.9 with just the canned 93 tune and nitto's.

I should hit that 11 but we will see. The Florida air can be really crappy most of the time.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Diablo Trinity................................................check
LegMaker true CAI.........................................check
180 degree T-Stat........................................check
17 inch wheels..............................................check
275-50-17 M&H RaceMaster drag radials............check
If you can get her to 12.2, try the 275/40 M&Hs. That extra gearing benefit from them being almost 3" shorter than stock really helps you all the way down the track. Should put your end ratio around a 2.27. I'm .2 quicker with the 40s over the 50s. I run the 50s for bracket racing as I can get a 1.82 60' all day long. Need a TC to get 1.7s with the 50s where as I can get 1.77s with the 40s. A good custom tune wouldn't hurt either, should be good for another tenth. I get too much KNK with the canned 93 tune as the gas here in TX sucks even if I fatten her up to 11.8 A/F.
I'm gunning for the 11.8s this winter with my latest tune... I've hit 11.9X twice this fall in 1K DA.
It's a never ending journey... Fun as hell though

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I got the 50 series tire because a converter might be my next mod. :)
I got a 12.4 stock so far in +900 DA, so I should be able to get an easy 12.2 with the mods that I just got. If the air is better Im sure I can get better than that.

So far the canned 93 tune is OK but its definitely no custom tune. No knock yet but it was cold out when I tested. If it gets warm it might start to show knock. NONE of my cars ever liked the canned tunes. I always go for a custom tune. Works 100% better.

Just got the Trinity and 180 T-stat in and running last night. Now waiting on the LegMaker, wheels and tires. I hope they are here before the 20th because that's the next test and tune date and its supposed to be a nice cool day.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I got a 12.4 stock so far in +900 DA, so I should be able to get an easy 12.2 with the mods that I just got. If the air is better Im sure I can get better than that.

So far the canned 93 tune is OK but its definitely no custom tune. No knock yet but it was cold out when I tested. If it gets warm it might start to show knock. NONE of my cars ever liked the canned tunes. I always go for a custom tune. Works 100% better.

Just got the Trinity and 180 T-stat in and running last night. Now waiting on the LegMaker, wheels and tires. I hope they are here before the 20th because that's the next test and tune date and its supposed to be a nice cool day.

You got a fast one for sure... The 50s look so much better than the 40s on the car. I think one person called it a circus train look...

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
You got a fast one for sure... The 50s look so much better than the 40s on the car. I think one person called it a circus train look...
I tried running the 275/40/17's on my R/T, sometimes it would work but about half the time it would dump my car into limp mode. After a bunch of reserch I found that the shorter tire works great for some people but apparently some cars don't like it.

·
Registered
678 Posts

I have the 50 series with 3000 stall and the B&G tune along with the rest of what you have. It was good enough for 1.60 60ft and 11.85 at 113.63 mph.

I think I am going with the Procharger SC over the winter so we will see what spring gets me.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Even with the gear swap ( which I did ) the converter will be a big help getting the car moving or getting it in the power and keeping it there!!!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
I might just keep the stock converter and do a gear swap instead. Im still going back and forth with the idea.
If you go with the converter I'd recommend adding a MTCM to the swap if it will work with the 392. The MTCM made a big difference in drivability of my car when I added the converter (to my R/T) and helped regain the mph lost in the quarter mile when I installed the converter.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts