Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I do not run a Scat Pack Shaker, but I figure my opinion on the following points is nonetheless valid:

The piece writer is spot-on about a number of things and dead-wrong on others.

While I agree that this car is not as 'easy' to drive as a Camry, for example, I would argue that that's a major part of the Challenger's appeal.

The clutch is not heavy. In fact, it's one of the sweetest, mildest, easiest-to-modulate clutches I've ever operated.

I enjoy the car in heavy traffic as much as I do otherwise. And I drive a manual. By choice. Because it's fun and it makes me work.

Yes, it's difficult to back this car due to the poor sight lines. I currently have convex mirrors on my outside rearview mirrors, and I do okay with them; planning on taking the leap to backup camera this winter.

The foot-pedal parking brake is completely wrong in this car. A hefty handbrake is the only thing this car lacks in terms of fundamentals. (And a standard backup camera. lol)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I read the article and felt it was unbiased (as in he wasn't set on talking-up the Challenger.) I agree, the car does have its blind spots and without blind-spot detection, it does take a few extra brain-bites while merging/changing lanes. As far as the clutch goes...I have had an ACL repair a few years ago and am currently rocking a torn (lateral) meniscus on my left knee and am still able to drive without issue. Never regretted getting the 6-speed over the auto. Sure the auto would shift faster and would be easier, but that isn't why I bought my car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
By the time you price out a SPS you come close to SRT money... for a small bump in price you get much better brakes, suspension and many other things including wider hellcat wheels.

I went into the dealer looking for a scat pack... but ended up in an srt when the numbers almost became identical.
I agree. I did the same thing. I think the SRT is a better deal.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Nice article. However I drive mine in crowded commuting / stopNgo traffic with the M6. I have no problems like he describes with the car being a handful, nor do I get manual trans fatigue. Only backing up is an issue with the one Challenger I have without a backup-cam. That should be included as standard.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Paddles are nothing like a stick car to whoever said that earlier. Sorry.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
25 Participants
itguy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing