Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The end of this month will be my 1 year of owning my 2017 GT. I rolled over 40K miles today. It has been a great ride and a major improvement over my 2010 Challenger SRT8 except for no V8 and the POS Uconnect. The Uconnect has randomly rebooted on me over 100 times which is a bit annoying but what is more concerning is when the screen freezes then nothing can be changed until a good power cycle.

https://flic.kr/p/25ARHUz

Here is a video of the frozen screen.
https://flic.kr/p/Ht1dXw

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I have a little over 14,000 miles on my GT that I got in February 2017. I drive a lot more than that a year but I have 5 cars and they are driven when ever the weather is nice and I am not working. The only complaint is the Uconnect has been acting up but not as much as yours mine has frozen 2 or 3 times in 13 months rebooted maybe 4 times while driving and once would not shut down when the car was turned of and locked up I got back in the car after waiting about 10 min. and started it and shut it back down a couple of times and it started to work properly again. I am happy with the GT's ride and driving quality's just the electronic gizmos need a little improvement. I have the lifetime warranty on both of my Challengers so I am not worried about the electronics if they get to be more than a rare glitch I will take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...I have the lifetime warranty on both of my Challengers so I am not worried about the electronics ...l.
Very smart to get the lifetime warranty. Back in the 70s (high school era for me) all my friends that owned Dodge's had electrical issues so I wouldn't buy one. My 2010 Challenger SRT8 had so many electrical gremlins that I sold it after 18 months. As much as I enjoy my 2017 GT it may not be a long term ride for me.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
How many miles on those DWS06 so far? Curious to see how they are holding up mileage wise.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How many miles on those DWS06 so far? Curious to see how they are holding up mileage wise.
I had to replace one of my DWS06 tires yesterday because I picked up a rivet of all things very close to the side wall. Glad I got the warranty. Replacing 1 tire on an AWD is iffy at best. I have 13K miles on the DWS06 so far and they are all 9/32 or better. New is 10/32 so Discount Tire said I didn't need to replace the other tires. Running 275s has improved the ride and handling. I pull over 1G lateral with ease when I'm carving thru the curvy mountain backroads.

I replaced the DWS06s on my 2014 SS Sedan at 50K miles and the tires were 4/32 or better. I am a huge fan of these tires and wouldn't use anything else that I drive on the street.

A couple of weeks ago I came into an icey curve faster than I should have. I've pulled a few people out of that ditch over the years with my SUV. I made it without any issues but the poor guy behind me went into the ditch. He may of had his guard down following a Challenger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bought my GT in Feb 17 too and just turned over 16k. Uconnect is glitchy at best. Freezing half a dozen times, 2 or 3 times it has frozen with the backup camera showing after I put it back in drive. Fixed itself after a few minutes. Made me think a split screen on the 8.4 screen with the backup camera instead of rear view mirror would be awesome. Maybe even display backup camera on the rear view mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts