Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is any way to get the 13+ year model uconnect into a 12 year challenger. Curious because if you can change a 1 DIN to a 2 DIN, & vice versa, there should be a way to get this done. I know the layouts are different with buttons, panels, vents etc being different but is there some dash kit or method to get the new system in there without being rich? Any thoughts are welcome. And not a must do at all, am totally in love with my current unit. Just the mod bug been biting me for a while on this 1

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Can you post comparison pictures of the 12 and 13+ monitor, I wasn't aware there was a change.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry mixed up the cars (Love em both). The unit I was referring to are the 8.4N/RB5 or 8.4/RE2 found in the CHARGER (Which is what I was thinking of initially) and other Dodge, Ram, Jeep vehicles. I do not believe we are offenders the option as of yet and am a bit jealous. But they are a beautiful unit and I was seeing if they could still be somehow moded. Common sense tells me it can be done with money to blow, but was wondering if it could also be done by common man means.

Mods: Please correct title to: 8.4N/RB5 or 8.4/RE2 in Challenger

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Also, it's been offered prior to 2013 in the Charger, & other Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicles. I must have been sleep deprived when I read on it a while back.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The new LD/LX platforms operate on a different electronics platform...Powernet.... the BUS system is different.... I could be way off base here but I dont think the two will ever mix unless it comes from aftermarket.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts