Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you other 1320 owners get the seat delete option? I wish I would have known if you buy the seats for a dollar you dont get the rear finish panel, its available for just under $400.
If you remove the front seat it triggers a airbag light, so I would assume there's a bypass plug available also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mprmk, where can I/we get this panel? I was not aware it was available separately. Is it a "MoPar" part, or aftermarket? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Mprmk, where can I/we get this panel? I was not aware it was available separately. Is it a "MoPar" part, or aftermarket? Thanks!
any dealer can get it for you, including Steve White. They pop up on ebay sometimes as well. Install is a bit of a b%$#$^ as you have to remove the nearly all of the rear seat panels, belts, caps, etc. Not hard just tedious. There are two seat delete variants, one is for the demon, other is listed for hellcat, etc. Both will fit any modern challenger. The demon unit's only difference is, it has a plug in the back panel for the harness bar. If you are or will be running a bar in the future, this is something to be aware of, modifying the hellcart version can be done though simple enough.

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Vendor
12,394 Posts
Any of you other 1320 owners get the seat delete option? I wish I would have known if you buy the seats for a dollar you dont get the rear finish panel, its available for just under $400.
If you remove the front seat it triggers a airbag light, so I would assume there's a bypass plug available also.
no, bypass plug
:crying:

·
Vendor
12,394 Posts
any dealer can get it for you, including Steve White. They pop up on ebay sometimes as well. Install is a bit of a b%$#$^ as you have to remove the nearly all of the rear seat panels, belts, caps, etc. Not hard just tedious. There are two seat delete variants, one is for the demon, other is listed for hellcat, etc. Both will fit any modern challenger. The demon unit's only difference is, it has a plug in the back panel for the harness bar. If you are or will be running a bar in the future, this is something to be aware of, modifying the hellcart version can be done though simple enough.
the Demon is restricted and no longer available unless you own a Demon
Luke

·
Vendor
12,394 Posts
also if you ordered a vehicle with right front seat delete, you can never legally install the front seat....
Luke

·
Vendor
12,394 Posts
current eta on back orders are June 7th

·
Registered
138 Posts
also if you ordered a vehicle with right front seat delete, you can never legally install the front seat....
Luke
This is interesting. I have not heard that before. I wonder what the reasoning is and I wonder if that would hold water in any kind of legal case if the situation ever came up, like a wrongful death suit or something.

·
Registered
14,535 Posts
This is interesting. I have not heard that before. I wonder what the reasoning is and I wonder if that would hold water in any kind of legal case if the situation ever came up, like a wrongful death suit or something.
Sounds reasonable. FCA will only stand behind the vehicle as they build it. If you add seats you now become a builder and would share in any liability for injury or death. The tire and loading information label as attached at Brampton would tell the tale and it would probably say seating capacity total is 1 and no way to change that legally without an FCA signoff to you as a builder and that's not happening. I guess the load capacity on the label would be reduced too, maybe down to 210 lbs or so for the driver only, I know the rear seat delete cars have a capacity of 415 lbs compared to the normal 865 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds reasonable. FCA will only stand behind the vehicle as they build it. If you add seats you now become a builder and would share in any liability for injury or death. The tire and loading information label as attached at Brampton would tell the tale and it would probably say seating capacity total is 1 and no way to change that legally without an FCA signoff to you as a builder and that's not happening. I guess the load capacity on the label would be reduced too, maybe down to 210 lbs or so for the driver only, I know the rear seat delete cars have a capacity of 415 lbs compared to the normal 865 lbs.

This would make sense if FCA didn't offer to add the seats back for $1. If someone orders the seat delete then gets the original factory seats for $1, common sense would say those seats are indeed factory rated and authorized by FCA.

But, I fully understand how "common sense" quite often doesn't apply in litigation. This is still interesting and something I hadn't thought about. I wonder if it would change things if FCA sold the car with full seating and offered the complete delete kit for $1 instead of the other way around.

·
Registered
138 Posts
*Unless* you own a demon?

So Dodge will still make them, but only to replace current Demons or...?
I believe its the same with most if not all Demon specific parts, like the hood. FCA will only sell you a Demon hood if you own a Demon and can prove yours is damaged. Makes sense on a limited run vehicle and I kind of like it that way. Sure aftermarket can do whatever they want but that's the free market.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I believe its the same with most if not all Demon specific parts, like the hood. FCA will only sell you a Demon hood if you own a Demon and can prove yours is damaged. Makes sense on a limited run vehicle and I kind of like it that way. Sure aftermarket can do whatever they want but that's the free market.
Oh, I'm aware.

Was just curious about what Luke said and if I was correct in my assumption.

·
Registered
14,535 Posts
This would make sense if FCA didn't offer to add the seats back for $1. If someone orders the seat delete then gets the original factory seats for $1, common sense would say those seats are indeed factory rated and authorized by FCA.

But, I fully understand how "common sense" quite often doesn't apply in litigation. This is still interesting and something I hadn't thought about. I wonder if it would change things if FCA sold the car with full seating and offered the complete delete kit for $1 instead of the other way around.
But the $1 seats would be factory installed and the tire and loading information label would reflect that, you're not going to get a seat delete car with the seats sent separately, just way too much liability with safety systems, seat belts and air bags these days.

Don't think it would change anything how it was offered, it only matters how it leaves Brampton. That is the original certified configuration and any deviation from that FCA would say is an unauthorized modification that they had nothing to do with.

Reactions: Smokn05
1 - 20 of 98 Posts