Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
But the $1 seats would be factory installed and the tire and loading information label would reflect that, you're not going to get a seat delete car with the seats sent separately, just way too much liability with safety systems, seat belts and air bags these days.

Don't think it would change anything how it was offered, it only matters how it leaves Brampton. That is the original certified configuration and any deviation from that FCA would say is an unauthorized modification that they had nothing to do with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ah, I see what you're saying. I think I must have misunderstood how the order worked. So since the Demon is no longer in production, when we order a 1320 and select the seat delete option, do we have the option to add the seats back for $1? And if so, does that negate the seat delete option or does the delete kit come separate like in the trunk or something? If I understand you right, we either pick seat delete or to have the seats and that's how it leaves the factory. Anything different and we have to buy the parts ourselves.

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
Ah, I see what you're saying. I think I must have misunderstood how the order worked. So since the Demon is no longer in production, when we order a 1320 and select the seat delete option, do we have the option to add the seats back for $1? And if so, does that negate the seat delete option or does the delete kit come separate like in the trunk or something? If I understand you right, we either pick seat delete or to have the seats and that's how it leaves the factory. Anything different and we have to buy the parts ourselves.
My understanding is the base 1320 was like Demon, driver seat only and you could add the passenger seat and rear seat in for $1 each.

The rear seat delete option on a 1320 should only apply if you order the 1320 Plus Group which gives you all the seats and the delete would take away the rear seat again.

Nothing will come in the trunk, if the car is built rear seat delete that's how it will leave Brampton.

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
*Unless* you own a demon?

So Dodge will still make them, but only to replace current Demons or...?
the Demon specific one is restricted to Demon owners
Luke

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
This is interesting. I have not heard that before. I wonder what the reasoning is and I wonder if that would hold water in any kind of legal case if the situation ever came up, like a wrongful death suit or something.
from what we have been told, no seat belts and other safety devices installed on passenger front on seat delete vehicles, not sure that anybody would be foolish enough to order rear seat delete and passenger front seat delete, but who knows

Luke

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
Sounds reasonable. FCA will only stand behind the vehicle as they build it. If you add seats you now become a builder and would share in any liability for injury or death. The tire and loading information label as attached at Brampton would tell the tale and it would probably say seating capacity total is 1 and no way to change that legally without an FCA signoff to you as a builder and that's not happening. I guess the load capacity on the label would be reduced too, maybe down to 210 lbs or so for the driver only, I know the rear seat delete cars have a capacity of 415 lbs compared to the normal 865 lbs.

our guess, however have not seen one and we have not ordered any in that configuration, we have ordered multiples with rear seat delete
Luke

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
the Demon specific rear delete is the following and can be sold as long as the buyer can prove ownership of a Demon,

Supplier Ship Direct
(01178)CALL WCC WITH VIN FOR DEMON SPECIFIC PARTS ORDERING AT 888-2

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-close-out-rear-seat-82215918ac

the only rear difference with the standard rear seat delete is the bottom has a removable piece for the race belt bar and a image of a Challenger ding a wheel stand on the lower trim piece

Luke

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
no need to even worry about ordering the demon unit, as I said previously, the rear seat kits are the same package, just that the hellcat one doesnt come with the removable plug.
However, Ive seen the plugs for sale online several places, as a seperate piece (was like $40) and if I recall my install correctly, the back side of the standard challenger/hellcat panel has indications of where the cut can be made in the panel to use the plug, should someone wish to do so, to run the harness/harness bar.
so, it the exact same panel, demon one is cut, hellcat/challenger one isnt.

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
My understanding is the base 1320 was like Demon, driver seat only and you could add the passenger seat and rear seat in for $1 each.

The rear seat delete option on a 1320 should only apply if you order the 1320 Plus Group which gives you all the seats and the delete would take away the rear seat again.

Nothing will come in the trunk, if the car is built rear seat delete that's how it will leave Brampton.

correct, if ordered rear seat delete, there will be panels there but no seat and you dont get a seat
Luke

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered my 1320 with pass seat and no rear seat for a dollar. If you order the 1320 plus group then u can’t delete rear seat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of the few regrets I have when I ordered my car back in November is not deleting the rear seat. I was just thinking on any future trade not having a rear seat would drop the resale but I will probably never use the rear seat and having a just front seats looks so much nicer. Dodge did a good job designing that panel/netting whatever that goes in its place. I don't believe I will modify my car now though, I'm determined to keep it bone stock.

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
I ordered my 1320 with pass seat and no rear seat for a dollar. If you order the 1320 plus group then u can’t delete rear seat.
Did the dealer try? It seems like you could since you can get the rear delete with Plus Group on a regular Scat Pack. I know the Dodge website won't let you build it that way but still think its possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great thread,
Working with dealer to order the following and want the rear seat delete if able, will report back with what he says he can order.
Here is what I want.....

1320 package
Red Brake calipers
1320 plus group (leather)

Driver convenience group
F8 Green paint
SRT Performance spoiler
Harmon Kardon audio group
Rear seat delete

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you get the leather interior, 1320 plus group, then you cant delete the back seat. You can only delete rear seat with cloth interior.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
any dealer can get it for you, including Steve White. They pop up on ebay sometimes as well. Install is a bit of a b%$#$^ as you have to remove the nearly all of the rear seat panels, belts, caps, etc. Not hard just tedious. There are two seat delete variants, one is for the demon, other is listed for hellcat, etc. Both will fit any modern challenger. The demon unit's only difference is, it has a plug in the back panel for the harness bar. If you are or will be running a bar in the future, this is something to be aware of, modifying the hellcart version can be done though simple enough.
It's very surprising they made the 2 different bottoms, when using the Demon bottom would have worked fine for everyone.
If buying the package to install I can't see why anyone would NOT want to have the flexibility of the Demon bottom.
It's not like the plug at the back edge looks bad.... and why would FCA want to make 2 versions of the same thing.
And in my case, I'm hoping the cutout allows enough clearance behind it for the rear strut bar that's already mounted there.

And if it's not available... then oh well.

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
It's very surprising they made the 2 different bottoms, when using the Demon bottom would have worked fine for everyone.
If buying the package to install I can't see why anyone would NOT want to have the flexibility of the Demon bottom.
It's not like the plug at the back edge looks bad.... and why would FCA want to make 2 versions of the same thing.
And in my case, I'm hoping the cutout allows enough clearance behind it for the rear strut bar that's already mounted there.

And if it's not available... then oh well.
it does not affect the placement of the Mopar rear strut brace
Luke

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, here's the order scoop on the 1320: When you order the 1320 drag pack option, all you get is a driver seat, if you want to add a pass seat and/or rear seat it will cost a dollar each for cloth seats only. If you add the 1320 plus group then you will get an expensive leather interior and cannot delete pass or rear seat. Some dealers dont understand this and automatically try and sell you the 1320 plus group when you want to add an interior, savvy? Steve

21 - 40 of 79 Posts