Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
528 Posts
Unless you own a demon?

So Dodge will still make them, but only to replace current Demons or...?
I got the demon one thru the dealership. Told them I had the 1320 and that the 1320 comes from the factory with the demon rear seat delete if you bought it like that and they gave me one
43A65DC9-9B05-46AA-91A9-45B262EBA871.jpeg

·
Vendor
12,437 Posts
its an option, not standard equipment, and if factory equipped you can only ever by law have 2 people in the vehicle

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I've been looking for a new 2020 Scat Pack 1320 and found one yesterday; i knew about rear seat delete (which this one has) but was shocked to find it also has passenger seat delete too. I really wanted a passenger seat but after reading here it sounds like legally i can't. I think i will add a passenger seat anyways cause i won't have a rider but every once in awhile. My question is where would i find a passenger seat? thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
your gonna have a really rare 1320 with no interior and save alot of weight, i ordered my 1320 without rear seat and take out my pass seat when i race and turned an 11.55. Late model Challengers are starting to appear in Junk Yards, you can find a perfect match there or check craigslist, dont forget to add seat belt too, lol

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thank you never thought about parts already in Junk Yards on these cars. And i thought the same about it being rare having the front passenger seat delete. Its going to be a fun car compared to my last R/T Classic.

And i may never add the passenger seat, i just want one to have if i change my mind later

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you never thought about parts already in Junk Yards on these cars. And i thought the same about it being rare having the front passenger seat delete. Its going to be a fun car compared to my last R/T Classic.
I almost ordered my car without front seat too but thought it would be a little extreme, so i just unbolt it when i go racing, but i rarely have a front passenger, go for it Bro, unless yur wife or girlfriend would complain, lol.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
LOL... wife passed long time ago and so i will rarely have a passenger in this car if any... maybe make the lady friend roll around in the empty back seat area...HAHA... but. that's what the daily driver Mazda is for.. haha

Yeah i'm excited to have this one coming in.. good sales guy found it for me and that's a first and rare find also.

Nice feeling getting away from the bright colors, i've always been a red or orange car fan but wanted to go under the radar with this one

I almost ordered my car without front seat too but thought it would be a little extreme, so i just unbolt it when i go racing, but i rarely have a front passenger, go for it Bro, unless yur wife or girlfriend would complain, lol.

SO yours is white? i bet its fun to drive.. does it feel weird without a passenger seat?

·
Registered
51 Posts
LOL... wife passed long time ago and so i will rarely have a passenger in this car if any... maybe make the lady friend roll around in the empty back seat area...HAHA... but. that's what the daily driver Mazda is for.. haha

Yeah i'm excited to have this one coming in.. good sales guy found it for me and that's a first and rare find also.

Nice feeling getting away from the bright colors, i've always been a red or orange car fan but wanted to go under the radar with this one
what color? where ru located?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,501 Posts
Be aware, if you ever installed a passenger seat, it was occupied, and you had an accident, the liability would be huge. Also

A Guy

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
There's nothing on the floor either so probably need holes drilled, seat rails, seat belts and then hope the air bags work, I'd look for another car.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
596 Posts
There's nothing on the floor either so probably need holes drilled, seat rails, seat belts and then hope the air bags work, I'd look for another car.

Wonder if they even install a PS airbag...

Wonder if the passenger side airbag and seat airbag couldn't be turned on somehow.

Just looked through a BCM read from a 2018 Charger and don't see anything that would imply that a setting could be made there to tell the car it has a PS seat and associated hardware, but maybe a different airbag module or a setting in the current one?

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
Wonder if they even install a PS airbag...
I have read yes they do, and would imagine it's probably federal law along with FCA figuring someone would attempt this.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thanks for the replies and concerns.. The dealership has offered to supply the passenger seat (500 bucks) and install the seat and activate the air bag on that side. Would that cover me as the owner? I can live without the seat since it will be driven lightly on nice days.. i'm not a racer type and i have other vehicles to drive for passengers when needed.

Just never thought of not having a passenger seat and i don't think i can be talked out of getting this car. Deposit was made and car should be here next week.. someone ordered this car and backed out due to the Covid and the jobs crisis.
I like different and this one will be different in many ways.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,501 Posts
See what the Seating Capacity is on the sticker

I don't know if the dealer even gave you something notorized saying they installed the seat and take responsibility if legally you are covered...quite a unique situation

A Guy

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
Yeah I don't think the dealer has a clue here, guarantee you FCA would absolutely prohibit this being done.

But do as you wish, the fact remains that the car is and will always be a single seat car.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Vendor
12,437 Posts
the car is certified for one person and one person only, as a dealer we would never touch it to add seats or belts, simply too much liability

if the owner choose to add seats and other components and the vehicle is involved in an accident, all liability would be on the owner

Reactions: A Guy
81 - 98 of 98 Posts