Dodge Challenger Forum banner

14 challenger 100th anniversary tire questions

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hal H 
#1 ·
Hi, im 19 and new to the challenger community. I also have close to no useful knowledge with tires and rims but I want to learn.
I recently bought OE hellcat replicas 20x9 with a 18 mm offset. I want to run some beefier tires than what I currently have on my stock 100th anniv. rims (245/45/20).
What size can I run comfortably with no rubbing issues or anything like that? Thanks for taking your time to respond

#3 ·
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. It will be the same height but will it look beefier then the stock? Or look the same in the wheel well as the stock ones do? If I go bigger will they rub? May be dumb questions but for some reason I can’t wrap my head around all of the little things that go into tires haha, thanks again

#5 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

The 245/45, 275/40 are the same diameter, etc. They will look the same from the side. The 275 is considerably wider of course

275/45s will be taller, with a taller sideway, etc. I personally wouldn't go 275/45...
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

A Guy

Reactions: Loopy
#7 ·
Its likely you have either an SXT or R/T 100th Anniversary - the fronts may require spacers to avoid rubbing with a 275/40 tire.

The knuckles on SXT and R/T models have a different positioning vs. how the Scat Pack / SRT models with Brembo brake knuckles are set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.