Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put some finishing touches on my build before I head back to the dealer this week. I'm looking at the Dodge website and from what I can see, the only wheel option is the Classic II polished forged aluminum. Can I not add any of the 20" offerings?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
just the "Daytona" wheels that come standard with the R/T Classic, and the Classic II's as far as I know.. that was the only choices I had in 2013.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diver, looks like Dodge doesn't allow you to mix and match with their other offerings for their other model Challengers. Too bad, was thinking about the Redline wheels.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Thanks Diver, looks like Dodge doesn't allow you to mix and match with their other offerings for their other model Challengers. Too bad, was thinking about the Redline wheels.
maybe you could find a set for sale for less than the Classic II's will cost.. you know, the Daytona wheels are
looking really good to me now... I didn't like them in the pics at all but in person they look pretty nice..

good luck on the order, what color you gettin?

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
I'm trying to put some finishing touches on my build before I head back to the dealer this week. I'm looking at the Dodge website and from what I can see, the only wheel option is the Classic II polished forged aluminum. Can I not add any of the 20" offerings?
No that is the only optional wheel on the Classic.

I like the Envy wheels that were standard until early 13 before the Daytona wheels but would have to add those yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe you could find a set for sale for less than the Classic II's will cost.. you know, the Daytona wheels are
looking really good to me now... I didn't like them in the pics at all but in person they look pretty nice..

good luck on the order, what color you gettin?
Good idea…I'm going with Granite Crystal Metallic w/radar red int. I'm trying to figure out a way to bring out the red interior from the outside, just to tie it in. I thought this might be a way to do it. I want it to be very subtle, I like simplistic and clean.

No that is the only optional wheel on the Classic.

I like the Envy wheels that were standard until early 13 before the Daytona wheels but would have to add those yourself.
Those are nice…retro and classic to my eyes.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
with the Granite I tell you what I'd sure think about doing..I'd get the Classic II's and I'd spray just the spokes gray (with plasti-dip) like the new "Scat-Pack" wheels and then you could have someone red stripe the outer rim like you wanted..or not. I think that would look great on GCM.. I've thought about doing the spokes on mine that way.

or get the "Envy" wheels and stripe the edge... the centers on those nearly match the paint color (pretty much). I always thought the Envy's looked good on anything in the gray shades.

you got options, and with plasti-dip you just peel it back off if you don't like it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with the Granite I tell you what I'd sure think about doing..I'd get the Classic II's and I'd spray just the spokes gray (with plasti-dip) like the new "Scat-Pack" wheels and then you could have someone red stripe the outer rim like you wanted..or not. I think that would look great on GCM.. I've thought about doing the spokes on mine that way.

or get the "Envy" wheels and stripe the edge... the centers on those nearly match the paint color (pretty much). I always thought the Envy's looked good on anything in the gray shades.

you got options, and with plasti-dip you just peel it back off if you don't like it.

Good ideas. You're right, lot's of options.

I was doing a little research and I love the classic styling of the Heritage wheels…it doesn't appear to be an option for the '14 models…??? Are the Classics II the updated version of the Heritage line or something entirely different. The Classic II's profile seem more sharper rather than more smooth/rounded like the Heritage.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Good ideas. You're right, lot's of options.

I was doing a little research and I love the classic styling of the Heritage wheels…it doesn't appear to be an option for the '14 models…??? Are the Classics II the updated version of the Heritage line or something entirely different. The Classic II's profile seem more sharper rather than more smooth/rounded like the Heritage.
yes, I'd say that's about right.
the Envy wheels were replaced by the Daytona style as the included wheel with the R/T Classic at the same time the Heritage was replaced by the Classic II. my car was built April 19th 2013 and my dealer used the "new" wheel code so I could get the Classic II's. the few pics I saw didn't impress me but he sent a photo of the first car he got with them and I changed my order and got them.

the Heritage looks different (much better IMO) in person vs pictures to me, and so do the Classic II's.

here they are together..

and the Scat Pack (Classic II) wheel, this pic looks dark, and I've seen pics where just the spokes are painted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 20" rims on my r/t and I am not too fond of them, they are black, I only have 200 miles on them, is there anyone that might want to swap for 18" rims, they have to be black. I live in north houston tx. And I work in beaumont tx. Oh they also have to be almost new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yes, I'd say that's about right.
the Envy wheels were replaced by the Daytona style as the included wheel with the R/T Classic at the same time the Heritage was replaced by the Classic II. my car was built April 19th 2013 and my dealer used the "new" wheel code so I could get the Classic II's. the few pics I saw didn't impress me but he sent a photo of the first car he got with them and I changed my order and got them.

the Heritage looks different (much better IMO) in person vs pictures to me, and so do the Classic II's.

here they are together..

and the Scat Pack (Classic II) wheel, this pic looks dark, and I've seen pics where just the spokes are painted.

Thanks for your insight and pics diver. I'm going with the Classic II's. They're very much a style that will stand the test of time. I think the darker colored rims look cool, but are very much the trend as of late. At some point, they would lose flavor with me. If the original Heritage line was still available, I'd probably go with those.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I hope you like them as much as I like mine. :)

I have a second set of wheels in case I want to switch from summer tires to all season..

good luck with the order..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
thanks, the Classic II's are 20" x 8" and the WP3 (pictured above) are 20" x 9" and appear very similar on the car, just not as bright and shiny.. may never put them on, or like I said maybe an all season set of Nitto Motivo's.
I do like the one's that came with the car though..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts