Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered myself a 14 R/T plus black, 6 speed, STP, 20" Chrome wheels. Order date April 4th. Scheduled ship date May 2nd. I hope for earlier. This is complete torture. Why didn't I settle for something on the lot? How do people survive this?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Try waiting on one being built such as a few members haha. Ive never done it myself but cant imagine the wait.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
It will be worth the wait, have you been assigned a VIN? I went thru it last year, I was able track mine as it made its way to dealer. 1st picture was as it was at SHAP yard waiting for deliver to dealership and as it arrived.

Ordered 4-11-2013
Delivery 5-11-2013

Attachments

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Haha yeah I ordered mine too and the 51 day wait was tough but it was fun going thru the whole process.

Hang in there and your car sounds great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ordered mine August 28, didn't come in until December 26.

'14 R/T base with interior package, Pitch Black, 20" chrome, stripe delete and nothing else.

I ordered because I wasn't going to settle and got EXACTLY what I wanted the way I wanted for the amount I wanted to pay for it.

Its SO worth it. Others here waited longer.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
While you're waiting you can get ready for when it comes home. Clean out the garage, buy detailing products, catch can, whatever. Keep busy.

Reactions: diver88 and DJ Hemi

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
if it comes in somewhere around a month you're doing great.. some take longer, some less time... mine took almost 9 weeks to the day. like said above, get ready, make plans, do research, talk to other owners , read the forums.. be happy in the moment, it will get here before you know it.. enjoy the wait. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I tried to order mine in January 2014 but was told that December 2013 was the last month to order Plum Crazy. WTF?! So, I did a search on Dodge.com for a car configured exactly like I wanted and found one on a dealer lot 360 miles away. Flew out, drove it home!

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
I tried to order mine in January 2014 but was told that December 2013 was the last month to order Plum Crazy. WTF?
Wow funny your dealer knew that then, Plum Crazy has since been discontinued for 2014 but they were built that color til last month.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I ordered mine on May 1st. It got built by the end of May, but I went through delivery hell. It sat in a railyard for over a month. Finally got it July 18th. Drove me crazy, but in the end, it was totally worth the wait to get the EXACT car that I wanted.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ordered myself a 14 R/T plus black, 6 speed, STP, 20" Chrome wheels. Order date April 4th. Scheduled ship date May 2nd. I hope for earlier. This is complete torture. Why didn't I settle for something on the lot? How do people survive this?
Is a month a normal build? I regards to the lot, I found a loaded Plus last year on the lot. There a 6 dealerships in the OKC metro area, and they are well stocked with R/Ts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just want it before my boys get out of school. They have no idea I ordered it. I'm going to pick them up after school in it the day I get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went ahead and ordered skip shift eliminator and RPI splash guards today. Why wait till I have the car?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I ordered my '12 around 3/8/12 and it hit the dealership on 4/26/12, so it was about 6 weeks give or take a few days. Trust me, the wait does suck but it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You think 2-3 months is bad? I only ordered one car, my first one, a 1974 Roadrunner, in the first week of May 1974, and I finally got it in NOVEMBER! I had just about given up on it, it was so late that it came on a truck loaded with beyond ugly 1975 cars. Since then, I've bought off the lot. With all the different color interiors that are coming, it's going to be harder to do in the future, as I'm willing to bet that I will find the perfect exterior color and equipment on a lot someplace, and I won't want the car because the interior will be some awful two toned deal, so I will probably order the next one to keep from searching dealer inventory for weeks on end.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
My RT spent 68 days in "Final Inspection." For a total of 92 days. My SRT was still in "Paint" when it arrived 32 days after ordering. I got a call notifying me that, "It's Here!! Surprised the dealer also...they had no clue...and I called them daily (5 minutes prior to the call...VOTS showed "paint"). VOTs means NOTHING!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts