Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from my nearby Dodge Dealership. I have been having issues, especially at low speed getting in and out of 2nd gear on my 16' SRT. I looked through the Forums and saw other people had this issue. Apparently today 8/23/17 a new update for the TCM computer came out. I thought there was already an update and I was late getting it or this is an update of the previous update. Either way there is an update available that came out today. In the short trip home I noticed the car shifted dramatically better and smoother, not just into 2nd but through all gear changes up and down. Great work Dodge! Also good timing by me:wink3:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk MEANSRT16. Did you get any TSB numbers on your invoice?

A Guy

·
Registered
SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it just says: FOUND UPDATE FOR UPDATING PCM AND TCM FOR SHIFT IMPROVEMENTS UPDATED PCM AND TCM PER TSBS.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
OK thanks, no news anywhere of a new one I can see, perhaps just new for your car, but not new yesterday?

A Guy

·
Registered
SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome too! Maybe it was just new for the SRTs it could have been year specific also but the mechanic asked the guy behind the counter how I new the update was out because it came out that morning. They thought it was because of this forum, that I knew!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts