Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a used SRT 392 Challenger and I am wondering what the changes between 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 models are.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Not a enough that would make it unwise to get a 2015. Srt has all the stuff. Get the best one you can. The main part is get one!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,961 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

The Head Unit was changed on the 2017 up to a Panasonic manufactured unit with Apple Carplay and Android Auto functionalities. Destroyer Gray and Octane Red color options were offered 2017 up. I believe 2017 introduced the new 5 spoke 20x9.5" Black wheels. Beyond that a SRT comes very loaded. I don't think the engine, suspension, or brakes have changed. A Guy

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Agree with both above, they got it right the first time so the year to year changes are very small. The 2015 had some radiator issues but those should have been corrected by now. The 2015 A8 will also go into MDS even in Sport Mode, that was corrected for 2016-up.

I've got a 2016 and have not had a single issue, the car is just incredible. The new radio head unit for 2017 and up has had some issues but the graphics are nice and it's 4G, the 2015/16 Is 3G which is being phased out. Not sure what will be affected but something to consider.

Usually newer is better since they incorporate improvements as they go along. All the basic mechanical stuff is the same, just little tweaks. As said, get the best one but I would also go newer if possible even with the possible radio issues, either way the SRT is an amazing car.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,511 Posts
You can probably find a lot of the information you are looking for at this link: FCA US Media Website Go to the right hand side of the page and you can choose for the specifications for each of the SRT model years you are looking for.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts