Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it on special via eBay. $130 off the listing price. Showed up today!

I used to have the Solo Performance exhaust. I sold it about 3 months ago as I was planning to trade my Challenger in near the end of the year. Plans changed.
I ordered Ripps S/C presale kit, waiting for shipping now. I also ordered the Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust.

I've been through an install before, so I knew what to expect. Start to finish, took me 1:40 HR, solo. Took me near 3 HRs with the Solo Performance, learning curve and all.

Quick Notes:
Shipping box is smaller than Solos. Due to being 5 separate parts. Makes installing easier and faster, IMO.
The kit comes with 6 exhaust bands. Much better quality than the Solo's. Installed to 35 tq-lbs and not a leak, first time around. Install 3mm from the lip according to the band's manufacturer's specs.
I'm not missing Solo's J pipes at all. What a hassle, and it doesn't even look good. Luckily no one can see them...
The resonators are professional looking on the Borla kit. Not self-conscious about it lol.

The sounds:
Sounds sooooooooooo ... oooooh good! :roller:
Quite idle, but deeper rumble.
And when you get on the gas, man, it is sex in your ears. Much better than Solo's. I did like and enjoy my Solo's though I found them too loud during normal cruising (60-75 MPH).

I got some videos with my phone on startup and from the cabin with the windows down. I'll edit them and post them up with some videos after the initial break in period.

Borla S-Type has my approval and should pair nicely with my RIPPs S/C!

Solo's I still feel are a good bang for the buck! But if you can spare the several hundred more, I'd go with Borla.

Pictures: Unboxing
(Excuse the organization; tiny 1 car apt garage I work out of :p)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'm glad you like the S-type! I have that system on my 2013 R/T Automatic. Looking at your unboxing pics, the mufflers in my system are different than yours though. Mine are more of a bullet style...much smaller. Anyway, like u said, when you get on it, the car just screams! And it's damn loud...just perfect! Great kit too, the muffler shop that installed mine said it was one of the best fitting cat-back systems they have ever seen. Just bolted right up to the car, no cutting or adjustments needed. Borla is pricey, but they are very high on quality!

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Amazon's prime day lead to me getting a GoPro:

Here's one of many coming. Short and sweet start-up of the catback kit:

Short driving around town clips:

·
Registered
SXT Plus
204 Posts
I'd like to know this as well as discuss drone.

A.Guy I can't find your vids can you post for comparison?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts
Mine are only 0-60, from a dead stop. Hard to compare...

Recordings don't begin to show the actual sound. BTW, Borla claims zero drone as well

A Guy

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The S-type Cat back on my 13 R/T Drones quite a bit in the cabin....but I like that. I like to hear that motor purr. My kit though did not come with resonators..just the oval mufflers so if the 2015+ all comes with resonators then I doubt it drones at all inside the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm currently trying to figure out which exhaust to get for my GT. Originally it was the Solo one, but then I saw the videos for the Borla S-Type and liked the deeper tone. Any feedback from current users of either exhaust would be helpful. It's really hard to trust videos for what the true sound will be like. Now just need to find that Black Friday special!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Any update on your Borla system, and the SC?

Got it on special via eBay. $130 off the listing price. Showed up today!

I used to have the Solo Performance exhaust. I sold it about 3 months ago as I was planning to trade my Challenger in near the end of the year. Plans changed.
I ordered Ripps S/C presale kit, waiting for shipping now. I also ordered the Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust.

I've been through an install before, so I knew what to expect. Start to finish, took me 1:40 HR, solo. Took me near 3 HRs with the Solo Performance, learning curve and all.

Quick Notes:
Shipping box is smaller than Solos. Due to being 5 separate parts. Makes installing easier and faster, IMO.
The kit comes with 6 exhaust bands. Much better quality than the Solo's. Installed to 35 tq-lbs and not a leak, first time around. Install 3mm from the lip according to the band's manufacturer's specs.
I'm not missing Solo's J pipes at all. What a hassle, and it doesn't even look good. Luckily no one can see them...
The resonators are professional looking on the Borla kit. Not self-conscious about it lol.

The sounds:
Sounds sooooooooooo ... oooooh good! :roller:
Quite idle, but deeper rumble.
And when you get on the gas, man, it is sex in your ears. Much better than Solo's. I did like and enjoy my Solo's though I found them too loud during normal cruising (60-75 MPH).

I got some videos with my phone on startup and from the cabin with the windows down. I'll edit them and post them up with some videos after the initial break in period.

Borla S-Type has my approval and should pair nicely with my RIPPs S/C!

Solo's I still feel are a good bang for the buck! But if you can spare the several hundred more, I'd go with Borla.

Pictures: Unboxing
(Excuse the organization; tiny 1 car apt garage I work out of :p)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts