Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not able to find literature that shows how much torque should i use on those bolts.
Anybody know how much ft/lbs for the front and rear caliper to knuckle bolts ?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody ? i've the rear rotors ready to go :(, though i haven't touched anything yet other than the wheel , it seems i have to take this stupid link off,
Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

to take the rear rotors off, dear lord, what's the torque on that bolt?
And hoping that taking that link off won't ruin the car rear alignment ? i'm not familiar with this suspension setup, so i don't even know what that link is called..

Help please... Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Anybody ? i've the rear rotors ready to go :(, though i haven't touched anything yet other than the wheel , it seems i have to take this stupid link off,
Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

to take the rear rotors off, dear lord, what's the torque on that bolt?
And hoping that taking that link off won't ruin the car rear alignment ? i'm not familiar with this suspension setup, so i don't even know what that link is called..

Help please... Thanks a lot
You shouldn't have to take that link off to get the rotor off. Just need to remove the calipers and rotor slides right off. That link is the rear tension link. And even if you were to take it off it wouldn't mess up your alignment. And a quick Google search showed 44 ft-lbs for front calipers and 23 ft-lbs for rear.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Steve, i took it off already, and change one rotor, the caliper bolts are the ones holding the caliper bracket mount to the knuckle, i found that to be 85lbs for the rear ones or 98 ft/lbs, are we uisng the same brakes as the SRT8's ?, does that sound good ? also the bolt from the trailer arms or tension arm should be 63 ft/lbs ?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
No I think the SRT8s have bigger brakes, at least I know they do in the front not sure about the rear. But for the caliper bracket mount I think that would be the same because it's probably the same part on both cars. Here a list of rear torque specs from another member:

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man I didn’t see this and used 98ft/lbs, is so confusing don’t we have 360mm front rotors and 350mm rear ones, isn’t that SRT8 size, or perhaps I’m confusing that with the 392 trim?
The sheet you posted above is for scatpack/392/SRT8 ?

Can you please post also the specs for the front?

I used 63ftlbs in the tension arm, but that seems for the 5.7 version of challenger, lord I didn’t know this was going to be so confusing ..

The difference is small anyways in what I used vs what you posted in the attachmen, I just want to be able to reference this thread in the future and know what I used / should use, to torque things down,

Thanks one more time for your help, highly appreciated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody else that might have the front info ?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot one more time Steve, what torque have you found to use for the front caliper bracket mounts?, i take i'll be using 88ft/lbs the next time i do my rear brakes, thanks a million for posting all this specs.
I'm doing the front rotors tomorrow, i've found 70, 98 and 125ft/lbs, but i can't relate none to our cars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I do not think I have even torqued a caliper bolt in my life. its always been tight and a smidgen of elbow grease. So what ever number you are using its probably just fine. I would put a dab of anti seize on the bolt just make sure I can get it off again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts